CairnTalk

Finally, another Cairn at the dog park!

Barney's Mom

We ventured out to the dog park yesterday and lo and behold, we saw the most adorable Cairn there! The lady just moved from Minnesota, so it sounds like she will be coming often ....I am so excited! I wished I had my camera because it looked so cute to see Barney and Casey (the new guy) running around and playing! Of course, Barney was huge compared to Casey, who just turned a year old. Casey was the grey/silver/black combo and so cute and petite! And in true Barney style, no play could take place until Barney humped him to establish who was boss!! :w00t: What am I going to do with that boy......

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

I too get excited when I see another cairn. We go to a neighboring towns' dog park on the weekends and see a little girl cairn called Penny.

Antonietta

I think all Cairn owners get excited to see another one - I often get stopped on walks by other Cairn owners but they never seem to have their dog with them at the time!

I must say, it is a nice dog park. It's about 5 minutes from my house at a large township park. The dog park is 3 acres, wooded with picnic tables and a doggie drinking fountain, and completely fenced in. There is a really neat little wooded ravine that Barney likes to explore with his pals. We go there all year because it is also a lot of fun in the winter when the snow is deep! We have taken Barney there since he was 5 months old. He knows when we head down the road before the entrance that he is going to play time! I think it is fun for the uprights too, because we sit and talk about our dogs and whatnot. Kind of a little "community". One man had a birthday party for his dog and brought cake and drinks for the occasion! Because we live in a small town, you usually see the same people there all the time. But sometimes we get people who drive at least 30 minutes to get there! It is really a fun place, for dogs and people!

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

Archived