CairnTalk

Trapped in a camper at Yellowstone...

Danegeld

Just got back last evening from Yellowstone National Park (three days) with hundreds of pics. We have one little camper (see pic) who's glad to be home, Oscar-Frank. Too many rules on barking and trapped in a camper all of the time... Poor boy was doing back-flips when he got out of the Jeep and saw his buddies (our Labs) running around the yard.

Take Care

Ben & Jen

ysoscar1.jpg

Edited by Danegeld

If you want to leave your footprints in the Sands of Time, Wear WorkBoots...

Poor Oscar. All that scenery and no barking allowed! Yellowstone is one of my favorite places since I worked at Old Faithful for a summer, EONS ago. Please show some pics.

pam

Here are three. :)

ys12.jpg

ys13.jpg

Our oldest daughter and her friend who came along with us.

ys11.jpg

In that first pic it looks like Oscar was in the middle of plotting waypoints on the GPS to more dog-friendly environs :P

LOL, the wife was pulling dual duty. Geo-Caching and Oscar watching. :)

You have brought back memories...went through Badlands of SD in 1994 and the old girl I had then was 12 and she thought she should bark through the crack in the window and heard these fellows (bison) together? I don't know but at the time they were in the road right next to the car...needless to say they turned their heads and we tried as best we could to move out of their way all along she is goind nuts with the barking...kinda scarry moment. On this particular trip we went to MT and came across some cowboys moving their cows to the next field...yep, she thought she should help. The cows were ahead of the car and the cowboys were next to our car and she was hanging out the window telling the cows to "MOVE ALONG RIGHT NOW!" Tried to calm her down, and the cowboy leaned down from his horse and told her to keep it up they needed to move faster...after that kind of encourgement there was not stopping the now "Cow hearding Cairn." She barked they moved faster, go figure a little 18# mouthy one was doing her best to help move cows. Thanks for the memories..she has sinced past away, but you brought a smile to me.

Edited by shergry

Thanks for the memories..she has sinced past away, but you brought a smile to me.

I'm truly sorry for your loss but sounds like you have wonderful memories. Coincidentally, we just lost a pet cat while away, we had three house-cats declawed & fixed and now we've just got two. I questioned the girl who was watching the place and she swore she never saw it. I didn't want to make a big deal and it was the cat who just couldn't adjust to an indoor dog but it broke my youngest girls heart. We're all awfully sad as well. She's still crying...

We live a long way from town and after checking all the barns and calling we gave up and will let her return if she want to. Sorry for wandering OT...

Take Care

Ben & Jen

Thanks for the memories..she has sinced past away, but you brought a smile to me.

I'm truly sorry for your loss but sounds like you have wonderful memories. Coincidentally, we just lost a pet cat while away, we had three house-cats declawed & fixed and now we've just got two. I questioned the girl who was watching the place and she swore she never saw it. I didn't want to make a big deal and it was the cat who just couldn't adjust to an indoor dog but it broke my youngest girls heart. We're all awfully sad as well. She's still crying...

We live a long way from town and after checking all the barns and calling we gave up and will let her return if she want to. Sorry for wandering OT...

Take Care

Ben & Jen

Well, we have one ELATED Little Girl. Her moggie "Little Jo" (cat) came wandering back home after going on (walk-about) for a few days. Again sorry for the OT post but I just wanted everyone to know that a happy ending has resulted. :)

Oscar was so excited he was jumping around like a puppy. LOL, wait a minute, he is a puppy. :)

Ben & Jen