CairnTalk

Swim Ellie Swim!

mrskti

Well it's finally summer!!! B) Which leads to the pool. If we dont take the girls out to the pool with us, they must be in the house where they cant see us! They go nuts. Especially Ellie. Here's Ellie's first outting of the season. Dori wants nothing to do with it!!

I hope this link works.

my diving darling

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

Oh my, that is soooo cute!!!! If you lived close by I would be dropping by for a visit! It was SOOO HOT today!!!

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

Wow, Ellie's a regular fish! Packy will jump in off a low float into the lake, but won't jump off our dock. I'm hoping to keep it that way, because then we'll have some control over when he goes in and when he doesn't. She looks just like he does when he swims -- body all slicked down with water, skinny looking, and a big head! Great video!

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

Very cute. Greta loves the water. She has a little wading pool on the deck. She loves to walk around in it and blow bubbles. Silly dog. I have taken her to the lake where she did swim one time but we haven't been back yet.

I hope to get out there soon with her.

There is no faith which has never yet been broken except that of a truly faithful dog. -- Konard Lorenz

ellie has been a fish from day one, we cant keep her out of the pool. And if anyone goes off the diving board, they better be prepared to see her when they pop up, cause when they go in, she goes in! She's a very elegant swimmer too, when i get dori in, she flails around like someone drowning, it's pathetic!!! I'll have to catch her to show the difference. Dori does however love a good fight with the sprinklers, now thats funny.

and yes, ellie has a big ol' head!!!

When they were fairly small and we'd take them out there, one time we were putting the solar cover back on, turned around and there is ellie standing in the middle of it! :shock: what a pain in the butt to get her from there, i was scared to death that it would start closing in around her, but she finally came over to the edge. Now i tie them up when we put that thing on. goof balls.

that is awesome! What a strong swimmer! Heheeee!

oh how I would love to have a pool for Cricket and Lucy.

Great video!!! Ellie seems really at home in the water. What amazes me is that when she gets out of the pool, all sopping wet, she doesn't even bother to shake off. She just continues on her way. Gotta love em. The temps here have hovered around 95-98 and for us in June, that HOT!!! Your pool really is awsome.

I love it!!!! Little Miss Ellie is one Esther Williams. I love the shot at the end where you're trying to get Dori in and Ellie looks over at her like "go on, chicken!"

That was terrific. Does Ellie do the major "shake" between dives or does she just wait until the swim session is over?

Whenever mine got wet they would immediately shake and then rub against anything close by.

I have watched that video over and over! It is so funny. I also love that look at the end that Ellie gives Dori. It's a "yeah right" look. Poor Dori looks like she wants to get out of there. Neither of mine enjoy the pool. We put Petey in, and he can't wait to swim right out and yes, SHAKE, then roll in the dirt. Aaaaah, summer.

Hooray, I finally got to see it! (Streaming video is blocked at work and I seldom login

at home.) Thank you so much...our household loved this.

If Teddy were there, he' be jumping right in as well. It's cool how some Cairns

love the water. :)

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

thanks everyone. Ellie is such a hoot in the pool. She does shake off, and I did notice that she didnt in that clip, which surprised me. I had to keep calling her in cause she kept going over and rolling in bird poop....guess i'll be pressure spraying out there today!! Dori doesnt like going in, but what she does like to do it nudge Ellie with her nose and push her in, it's really funny. My daughter cracked up one day when she saw it. I took dori in last night, i was holding her above the water while i walked in and she was doing an air paddle, it was so funny.

it's going to be another hot one today, so we'll be out again. Man I have been waiting for this nice weather!!!!

great video.... Napoleon is like Dori, i bought him a wadding pool and if i put him in he just freezes ....

love the sprinklers too!! LOL

Archived