CairnTalk

does your dog really look like Toto?

pammyfay

I was just browsing the online website for the Wireless catalog (www.thewirelesscatalog.com), and they have a neat metal doorstop (with Toto holding the door with his 2 front paws). Very cute!

My dog would probably think it's a new toy just for her!

that wouldn't last 5 sec in my house!

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really." - Carlotta Monterey O'Neill

Oh that was cute. I don't know if it would last in my house or not, I have had my bathrooms completely open to the boys for about 6 weeks now. Bathroom rugs intact and untouched! And I put my kitchen rug back out a few weeks ago- it is also untouched!!

I dropped my cellphone infront of Bratt a few days ago, he just looked at it! 6 months ago he would have grabbed it and ran out the dog doors into the garage/dog run and I would have been chasing him down!! So it might last in my house....

and to answer your question at the title, no Mett & Bratt don't look like toto yet, but they will by 5 or 6 i'm sure.

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

I think Roscoe may end up looking like Toto...he's getting some strange coloring about him...

6amigos.jpg3amigospose.jpg3amigos.jpgRoscopuppy.jpg3amigos2.jpg

We're the Cairns of America

For some reason I see Toto as a very small dog....Dorothy was able to scoop her up in one arm.

Now my Maddy is not overweight but even on a good day I would have trouble picking her up like that. :lol:

She was also extremely scruffy...all the more reason to love her!

None of my dogs resemble Toto but who knows what future Cairn I get will look like. :whistle:

Scout use to look like Toto, but her coat is turning red now. I have a picture of Dorothy with Toto, and Toto looks pretty big. I think Toto looked alot smaller in the movie.

I think our Bailey looks like Toto. When the neighbors see us out and about you can ususally hear someone saying "Look, there's the Toto dog."

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

It's amazing the recognition that Cairns have with regard to Toto. We were at a parade last fall and as we were looking for a spot to sit, we passed a group of mentally disabled adults. As we walked by, a lady in the group, she said, "Look! a Toto dog!" Of course, we stopped and let her enjoy a nice pat with Barney!

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

I love the Toto doorstop, wonder what it would cost to ship to Aus. :huh:

I think Roxy looks like Toto, and she is small enough to carry with one arm too.

ctdogs.jpg

I think it's nice when a breed has a well known "model". Like Toto and Lassie as examples. It is very rewarding when people easily recognize what kind of breed your dog is. It usually lends to the on-looker engaging in further conversation in exchanging information and education about the breed, why we picked them, why we love them, etc. I could talk about my dogs all day long... just like I know the rest of you could as well! :P

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

Archived