CairnTalk

If Cairns could drive

hallswel

Here is Sugar's pick

post-291-1181092334_thumb.jpg

My Dad just got this car on an ebay bid, kinda of something for him to do now that he's alone.

He came by for us to see and of course I took pictures

post-291-1181092326_thumb.jpg

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Those pictures are adorable!!!!! Sugar looks so much like Barney!!!

If Barney could drive and pick the car of his dreams, he would pick a car that reminds him of himself:

FAST, LOUD, AND SPORTING A SERIOUS ATTITUDE!! :lol:

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

Oh this is a fun topic. Hmmm.

Barley, Citroen 2CV because she's old-fashioned, quirky, and fun.

26-citroen-2cv.jpg

Haggis, BMW Mini Convertible, because he likes to curl up in tight places, and go fast.

bmw-mini-convertible.jpg

Echo, Mercedes Unimog, to get around at her excavation sites.

Mercedes_Benz_Unimog_Trucks_4x4_From_German_Army.jpg

Stella, Smart Car, because she's small, sporty, and makes people smile.

1259-03.jpg

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Yes Brad I can see your crew in those cars!

Liz

Those are really cute Liz! What is the car? It looks fancy. Sugar is however, fancier :magic:

I figure if Kipper was in the market for a car that he would either go with the original Hummer (for his overdeveloped ego, or a Buick for his more grandpa persona...)

Liz,

When I was young my brother use to have an MG Midget? Is that what that is? Now we are talking about 30-35 years ago.

Brad those cars fit your Cairns! Too cute.

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

Love it! Sugar is just a doll! My mom's first car was a red '69 MG midget. When I was in high school, she had a bright yellow one, I think it was a '75, for several years. In the winter, they would pull it in the garage and lift it up and move it to the corner of the garage. I figured out when I was about 14 that they would then hide all the christmas presents in it under the cover!!! I always wanted to drive it, but wasn't allowed to because it wasn't safe for a teenager to drive....

I'd describe the MG as a "bright flashy teeny tiny car with a bit of sporty attitude" - perfect for a terrier!

OMG!!!! Precious pictures as always!

Darcy would want a Ferrari.... super fast and something she could arrive to all of her social events in high class.

Bailey would be happy with an old fixer upper, just to get around and see the sights, something simple and not fussy.

Why is it that just the sight of a Cairn, whether they are mine or not, just makes me smile and chuckle?!?!

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

There is a story behind the car, it is a 1978 MG Midget. My Mom passed away this year she had been really sick for a very long time. Anyway many of my Dad's old friends have visited him and one mentioned how Mom loved the convertable that he got her years ago. A friend of his gave him an old midget to rebuild and when he started looking online for parts he realized he could get on for less money then the cost to rebuild the one he was given.

So after several months of bidding he was able to get one at the price he wanted to pay. The car was in Wisconsin where my little sister lives she had a baby just before my Mom passed the only Grandaughter. So my sister picked up the car for Dad. My Dad asked my oldest son if he would go with him to get the car. They flew to WI and drove the car back and came by to show me the car. On the front of the car Dad had made a licence tag that said JOY, my Mom's name. He made it himself (orange and blue) because she was a FL gator fan.

I think my Mom had something to do Dad getting the car, it being in WI so close to my sister. Lots of blessing, my Dad being happy, the visit to see my Sister and his only Grandaughter, my son and his Grandpa spending the time together, the love Dad shows for my Mom.

So the car is special and I hope you don't mind the long winded story.

P.S. I put Sugar in the car hoping it would bring us at least one more blessing ....a little "Cinamon Joy" who I will call CJ, named after my Mom.

Liz

cute, cute, cute!

Oh goodness a topic I know too much about. Hubby and I are CAR NUTS!

At the present time we own 11 cars

1988 Camaro Z28 convertible "Fatal Expense"

1992 Camaro Z28 Heritage Edition

1997 Camaro LT4 SS #69 of 100

1991 GMC show truck "CopperHead"

1999 Corvette Coupe

2001 Plymouth Prowler

2001 Camaro SS project car "Yellin' SS"

2002 Camaro SS convertible white

2002 Camaro SS convertible orange

2004 GMC Vortec HO

2006 Chevy Equinox

so I guess the girls would just have to pick one of those because we've run out of room in the garage

carsall.jpg

84519168-P1010014.jpg

0710610362-P1010079.jpg

we also own a bodyshop :)

Most of the day I'm on about 5 other CAR forums :)

What a terrific story about your dad (and I'm very sorry to hear of your mom's passing). Sugar, as always, is gorgeous in whatever setting she's in.

Teri, I have one a 2005 Chevy Equinox and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

I'd have to put Scully in her dad's 2007 Chevy Silverado with the dual rear exhaust system - like her, it's fast and LOUD!

masthead_en.jpg

Teri,

Wow, it looks as if you are really cramped for space for all your cars. Ya know, you could call Jay Leno and talk to him about renting some of his warehouse to store some of yours in. LOL!!!

Liz,

HOw special that car must be to your family and I'm sure you mom is looking down and smiling.

I remember from my high school days it seemed like all the well to do kids were driving those MG's and how special one felt if one was included in their crowd. I look back and think how ridiculous we were but the cars were great.

If Darcy were to have a car, I think it would be a 1957 Chevy blue and white cause a nice one is still so cool looking and Darcy is a cool pup.

Great topic...

Sugar just keeps getting cuter and cuter.

What a nice story, Liz. I've always believed that our loved ones who are in heaven can still touch our lives in such endearing ways. My dad was always with me when I rode my Harley.

I think Winnie would like something simple but comfortable...maybe an old Caddy with the velvet interior.

Maddy would pick VW bug....something she could whip around in but be inconspicuous.

:twisted: Ellie would probably want a '67 Mustang Shelby, because it has all that power and will go FAST!!

Laurie

Thank you for sharing a special time, Liz. That was a wonderful story.

And I hope you get your wish sometime soon.

Pam

I found on just the girls size

post-291-1181520482_thumb.jpg

post-291-1181520471_thumb.jpg

Liz

sheila and Misty

cute, cute, cute!

Oh goodness a topic I know too much about. Hubby and I are CAR NUTS!

At the present time we own 11 cars

All righty then..who went up in the attic and pulled out their matchbox cars???? just kidding -very nice!!!!!

I think Misty would drive anything that has the top down or a sunroof so her blonde-wheaten hair would blow in the wind With that ..dare me to go faster? GRIN.

The more I thought about this, the more I thought, "Car?....Nah......Barney would pick something more along the lines of THIS!

FAST, FIERCE AND LOADED WITH ATTITUDE!!! But capable of being in low gear if necessary!!

harleycopy.jpg

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

Wow did you see the prices on those cars! And I thought $30 was too much money and I did it anyway

Liz

Archived