CairnTalk

one of my foster kids is finally on her way home....

kcsdogs

post-1325-1180923745_thumb.jpgI haven't posted very many pictures of her but some of you may remember Seasaidh. She came to our house as a foster baby in November. Well I am pleased to report that she has been matched and there should be another adoption taking place sometime in the next week or so. She has really come full circle and I am really pleased to see the dog she has become. So please keep your fingers crossed for her and hope all goes well with her adoption and adjustment into her new home. :thumbsup:

What an uplifting story. Bless you for caring for these needy fur babies.

Tara, Mom of Many

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Kudos to you for taking in these precious babies and finding good homes for them. My problem is I just couldn't bear to let them go I would be so attached, especially if they are puppies. She looks like a lovely lady and I'm sure the family that is adopting her will be so happy to have her as a member of their family.

I have been following Seasaidh on the CP site, and I just noticed last night that her adoption was pending. I check the availables frequently and hope to one day adopt another. Bless you for taking such good care of her and also to all the CP volunteers who made her rescue possible. Our Belle is a CP rescue, and I am so thankful every single day that someone cared enough to 1st of all rescue her from a terrible situation and 2nd of all to foster her and start her on her way to the truly remarkable little Cairn she has become. All the best for Seasaidh!! Be sure to pass along this forum site to her forever family. It has been invaluable to us for info and advice.

HI!!! Your dogs are adorable...I wondered if you can help me...

<edit>

If you look at the link above you'll find a pet I am looking to adopt (also her brother). They say she's a Cairn Terrier "possibly mix", as a Cairn lover and owner what would you say? Is this the typical look and size of a 10 mo old?

If you can help I'd appreciate it - it's the first time I've rescued an animal and am very nervous about it as I have kids.

Thank you!

TMBS07

I was trying to ask if the dog I am looking at is truly a Cairn Terrier (mix). I am not soliciting to buy dogs from the website. If I can't get help here I'll turn elsewhere. This just seemed to be the best answer.

It's so good that Seasaidh will be going to her new forever home. My fingers are crossed that her new owners will love her as she is meant to be loved.

ctdogs.jpg

We wish Seasaidh all the best. We hope she gets all the love and happiness she deserves!

Lynn, Lily & Grace

Well it has been a real pleasure to watch her grow from being a fairly unbalanced dog to being a really great dog. She is really a wonderful little personality. It will be harder for me than for her I am sure :thumbsup: but there will always be another one that needs help.

God Bless CPCRN and you kcsdogs for fostering. I am trying to talk my darling husband into such an endeavor but have yet to...

tmbs: As for Cairns and cairn mixes they come in varied sizes and weights. I have two Cairn crossbreeds called Avon Terriers. They are not AKC recognized. They are a crossbreed of mini schnauzer, Westie and Cairn. My two, in particular, are a cross of an Avon, as previously described and a pure bred Cairn as my breeder also breeds purebred Cairns. In effect, mine are mostly Cairn.

Some people would say that when you get a mix, you get the risk of having all the breeds various health issues but my vet and probably people on this forum with mixes would tell you the opposite.

As you can see by the picture of my two guys, Jeter is bigger than Bernie. By almost 9 pounds! Bernie Bernstein is faster though having caught three chippies in one and a half weeks! :)

Jetersmom(and Bernie's)

Archived