CairnTalk

Terra Dogs

Tracy A.

Well, the boys just got Mole #6 of the spring. I took a few photos (warning Graphic)

Here is the Mole

post-995-1180715010_thumb.jpg

And the Hole the boys dug to get the Mole.... I was very pleased that it is rather shallow...only about 1 inch deep!

post-995-1180715227_thumb.jpg

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Here are a few pictures I took earlier in the month. Mett & Bratt were digging way out in the backyard by the pine trees... DH and I think that they were in the mood for Egg Rolls, because the hole they dug was half way to China.

I think it's funny when they end up with those mud dread-locks around the mouth....

Bratt

post-995-1180715400_thumb.jpg

Mett

post-995-1180715411_thumb.jpg

A dirty dog is a happy dog it seems. Our crew is currently fixated (loudly, and with great urgency) on an invisible critter that is *just* on the other side of our fence. The digging has commenced in a new spot. The good news is that the Hogan's Heroes network of tunnels project has been set aside for the time being. Sigh.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Good dogs :D Saidi has been after what I believe is imaginary prey also. We have a 6" pipe that connects to our down spout under our back yard deck. This runs to the outside edge of the deck and Saidi believes that something is in it all the time. This pipe is wedged between the deck supports and ground so tight that I can barely move it. However, my little devil girl can manage to pull this out a good 3 feet making it necessary for me to push it back and take up a board next to the downspout to reconnect. It's very hard for me to push that thing back and I weigh (well I'll just say "quite a bit") more than Saidi! When something get's their attention they can literally move mountains :)

Our new guy, T-Bone, is diligent in looking out for mythical or invisible beings in our garden. He's at the screen in the porch for hours. He hasn't started digging yet, mostly because he doesn't get access to the garden unless we're with him. He is also convinced that squirrels will someday fall from the trees, and he hasn't figured out that there is a "squirrel highway" up there and they can travel from tree to post to tree without coming back down the tree they went up. He'll watch from the base of a tree for just as long as he waits at the screens.

We used to laugh and tell him squirrels didn't fall from trees but then -- just this past week -- Steve was out walking Allie and stopped to talk to a friend also walking her dog. Lo and behold, a squirrel fell right out of the tree over them, and landed just a few feet away! While they were standing there shocked, the squirrel got up and ran off... :o

Teona digs a certain spot on the deck. We have a large rat that lives under there. He's been there for years. I see him about 3-4 times a week. The girls will be sniffing standing ontop of the deck and Mr. Rat will run right behind them from under the deck. They sometimes give chase, but haven't been able to catch him yet.

Teona digs in the same spot so often that the wood no longer has stain in that area :)

Brad, I had to laugh regarding your pups' digging. I've seen some of the pics you've posted with their faces covered in mud/dirt. Here's an idea...since your gang seemss to be so adept at digging, why don't you just let them dig you hole big enough to pour conrete for a swimming pool; unless you already have one. LOL!!!

Brad, I had to laugh regarding your pups' digging. I've seen some of the pics you've posted with their faces covered in mud/dirt. Here's an idea...since your gang seemss to be so adept at digging, why don't you just let them dig you hole big enough to pour conrete for a swimming pool; unless you already have one. LOL!!!

Ooohh or a shallow small pond! A few Koi...water lillies...... and wet dogs after the Koi..

It must be the weather, because Finch is in her "hunting mode" now. She is a really good listener, but when she is in this "mode", nothing will grab her attention...not even a gentle tug on the leash!

Archived