CairnTalk

hope you don't mind...

c_c

me posting here since its cairn terrier club of america and i live in the orginal cairn land of scotland because theres not many forums for cairns and the best one is this one, just thought i'd ask.

Of course we don't mind! :D Wherever you are in the world, if you own a Cairn, you're more than welcome!

Laurie

I appreciate your sensitivity in even thinking of the question. I agree that it's all about Cairns. The world may be increasingly flat as the pundits say, but there's still plenty to learn and enjoy about Cairns and Cairn lovers the world over.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

We are glad to have you here!! Scotland, wow, what a great trip that would make for all of us here. Just kidding, glad you joined

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

:lol: With great drama and flare, I chase Mett & Bratt through the house saying in my best Wicked Witch voice "Fee, Fi, Foe, Thumb, I smell the blood of a Scotsman! (cackle cackle)" In honor of their Scottish roots!

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

There is nothing cooler than a Cairn hailing from it's ancestral homeland!! B) If we don't soon get some politicians with half a clue in their heads, I myself may be looking for a cottage amongst the heather!! :) Sorry, got a little soap-boxish there!!!

Glad to have you with us!

Barney's Mom

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

Quick question for you...do you know if Scotland requires dogs to travel as cargo from the US? I can not allow my dogs to travel other than in the cabin as we are traveling across the pond.I have been trying to get my dogs to Ireland and have found the EU Pet Passport rules to be unrealistic and dangerous. You will see that there are many posters from the UK on board. Thank you for joining.

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you and yours. You are among friends and Cairn lovers. I guess we have your ancestors to thank for our wonderful fur babies. We'd love to see some pictures of your Homeland and your Cairn(s).

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

Thanks everyone for making us welcome. Im really not sure about th dogs travelling as cargo because i've never travelled with my dog yet but i will see if i can find any info if i can.

just been having a look around and it looks like that most pets must enter anywhere in the u.k by cargo unless they are assistance dogs and some authorised routes allow them in cabin. Sorry about that i think that this is terrible there should be better way for people to travel with there pets.

Does the UK still require a six months' quarantine for all imported animals? I know that was the case twenty years ago when we were stationed at RAF Lakenheath in England. I was wondering how that would apply to vacationers travelling with their pets.

Where in Scotland do you live (if you don't mind my asking)? My mother's grandparents (on her father's side) hailed from Camberslang, near Glasgow. When we were stationed in England, we spent a lovely week in Scotland in the Highlands near Loch Ness. It's a place we've talked about visiting again.

Laurie

i still think they need to be quarrantined. I live in Glasgow so i know were cambuslang is. You said you were at loch ness did you see the monster lol.

:lol:

No, we didn't see the monster, even though we took a cruise on the Loch aboard the "Jacobite Lady."

Sort of a funny story: on board with us were some Japanese tourists, and a young man dressed in full highland regalia, sporting the Stewart tartan. The Japanese tourists asked if they could take his picture, to which he graciously agreed. After they took the photo, he said, "Make sure you tell all your friends at home that I'm an American." He was indeed, and his last name was Stewart; he was visiting family there. We all got a good chuckle.

When we visited Scotland, we took the "scenic route," driving west to Ft. William, and then back east down the length of the Great Glen, so we passed near Glasgow. I was tempted to stop in Camberslang, just to see where my ancestors had come from.

I can't help but think that my Cairn, Ellie, and my Scottish Terrier, Black Lady, would have loved our week in the Highlands. It was one of the loveliest vacations I've ever had.

Laurie

Well im glad you liked scotland, it is a really nice place in the highlands and the lochs but as i live in the city i dont see it as much as i'd like. Your dogs would have loved it and you have a wee scottish terrier i love them too, do you know i've never seen one in real life they are not that popular here neither are cairns much mostly westies, yorkies.

Welcome aboard! If you've got a Cairn (or two, or three, etc) we'll take you!!! Oh to visit Scotland, it would be so great!

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

Hi,

I'm in the UK as well, so is "Janet" - although I don't see that she has responded to your post (yet).

Re quarantine - the EU Pet Passport has eliminated the need for quarantine bringing dogs into anywhere in the EU from a long list of countries (including the U.S.). Requires at least 6 months advance work for rabies innoculation and then testing for immunity, but all going well no quarantine is required.

Welcome to Cairn Talk! My DD spent a year in Scotland a few years ago and I asked her to bring home some "Cairn" items. She said that she didn't see very many Cairns there and not many items in the stores...which surprised me!

hi thanks everyone, yeah i wasn't sure about the quarrantine situation as i've never travelled with pets before so never paid much attention but its good to know that its eliminated. Shoe i hope your dd had a nice time here and the weather wasn't too bad :P you hardly ever get cairn items i've looked and i've not seen much and i've only ever seen 1 other cairn, mostly westies take over here.

my parents travel to Scotland evey 2 yrs in July. They travel with one of the pipe (as in baggies) bands from Alberta Canada. Last year my dad got to pipe with the "Black Watch" i think it was. Which ever pipe band it was, it was one of the hilites of his life he says and quite the honor to do so. I have grown up with the wailing pipes in my home and almost cry when i hear them FROM AFAR. :innocent:

Welcome to a great place to hang out (forum!), make friends, get good advice and share stories of our little furballs.

I would just love to see your beautiful country but my traveling usually consists of vet trips, Petco trips and feed store trips...and of course the garden shops!

Please feel free to post pics at any time....I've never seen a Cairn in a kilt, however.

Hi guys thanks, this is a really nice place everyone makes you feel welcome. Darc so your dads a pipe player, they're supposed to be quite hard to play you need a lot of puff. i like them but sometimes only so much you can take :P As for a cairn in a kilt hmmm wonder if you can get kilts for dogs lol nearest harvey has got is a tartan collar.

Oh my goodness, Brad!! That is the cutest thing I've ever seen!!! Your dog looks like a stuffed animal! And posing so lovely!

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

Archived