CairnTalk

had two people in one day say how well behaved Rascal was..

jactom

one was at the vets... with a room full of dogs and cats he was "curious" but very well manored. Other was at son's ballgame.

then we get home and he pees in the living room!! URGH

He is 7 months and from what I've read in previous posts it doesn't seem unusual in the breed for them to take so long to get it right. Words of encouragement on that regard would be appreciated.

jac

Hi:

You know just last week as I was getting ready for work, I was thinking about what good boys Mett & Bratt had been. It had been 6 weeks since the last time someone pee'd in the house. Yes I was relfective and proud, until in the reflection of the bathroom mirror I saw my beloved Brattwurst hike his leg on a kitchen chair. Just as I was turning around and walk out of the bathroom along came Mettywurst my little boy who sniffed Bratt's handiwork and added to it. :o

To Bratt's definse, he did Stare at me- but I was getting ready for work and running late, I ignored him. :ninja: My boys just turned 2. I average an accident in the house about every 6-8 weeks which equals one accident per dog every 3-4 months.

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

At 7 months mine was still a little devil at home AND in public. Around that age he was still lifting his leg on ME if I ignored him around big groups of people and we were just getting bell training to go out working for him.

At 18 months, he still is definitely not 100% ok with housebreaking, but close. My parents just left after visiting for a week. The last night they were here, my mom actually offered to dog-sit once we moved closer to them and agreed that we could bring the dog when we visit for the weekend - a complete change of heart from when she met him one year ago - he was just so sweet while they visited and wormed into their hearts. Then, no more than an hour later, she went up to bed and found a lovely yellow puddle in her bed. :mad: Currey knows that peeing on the floor is a no-no, and has not had an accident on the floor in over 6 months. BUT, when he gets "stuck" and just has to go then and there, often while playing very hard, he hops up on a piece of furniture to pee. THis is no mark - its a full bladder load of doggy pee!!! This has been happening about once every 6 - 8 weeks for the past 8 - 10 months. He NEVER goes on the floor - always on something else and its usually when he is unsupervised so I don't get to discipline him while it is happening. One time, in a colleague's office, he was playing with another dog (I work on a college campus!) and he decided to poop on my colleague's UMBRELLA!

Keep at it and know that right when you think your dog is a perfect angel, he'll be most likely to prove you wrong cuz these little devils just like playing mindgames to keep us on our toes!!!!

Archived