CairnTalk

Daddy's cross...

OzGirl

I had to laugh tonight, hubby was going to bed early and from the bedroom I hear "Your dogs are not to get on the bed anymore, they have torn the doona", he was quite grumpy sounding. I went to investigate and yes there is a small tear but its old and I'm not too worried about it and told him so. He continued to grizzle and then as I turned to leave the room he calls out to the girls to come to bed with him. :lol: So much for not allowing them on the bed and being cross with them.

ctdogs.jpg

Your hubby sounds a lot like me, all bluff & bluster! Each time our new girl, Sophie, presents me with a new hole in the yard, or gets into something she shouldn't, I think "Tell me again, why did we want TWO of these little terrors ?" But, then she runs up to me and gives me "The Look", you know, the look that tells you why. Because they are full of love and devotion to you. No way would we be without our babies!BAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002.jpg

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a doona? I am assuming it is what we refer to in the US as a comforter?

Just curious!

Glad your hubby wasn't mad too long! ;)

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a doona?

I think you guys call them a duvet, they are filled with feathers & down.

ctdogs.jpg

they attach themselves to our hearts...How COULD he say no!? lol

PS...Don't feel bad Barney's mom, I was wondering what a Doona was too! I was just getting ready to google it! lol

:)Amber

6amigos.jpg3amigospose.jpg3amigos.jpgRoscopuppy.jpg3amigos2.jpg

We're the Cairns of America

sheila and Misty
. :lol: So much for not allowing them on the bed and being cross with them.

I loved that story!

My husband always hated animals in th bed too! :nono: I always slept with them by my side under the covers or on my head. Now if they were dirty or skunked..another story. well he yelled at my last one to get off or go to te bottom-we compromised. But Misty stole his heart and he allows her to even rest her head on HIS pillow :hug: ...imagine that! so she tries to take it a little further of course :devil: they always do..every once in a while he'll pull back the covers to find a neatly tucked in beef bone (globs of gristle included :sick: ) to sleep with ha ha only on his side..sometimes forcing him to chage his pillow case :whistle: .cracks me up :D but we dont allow that. no gross stuff permitted in bed. I just love the change in his attitude-now he understands how I am about any animals.

I know what you mean about "THE LOOK". Lily won't jump to the bed (I have seen this dog leap on to the back of a couch, so I know she's capable). So every night she sits beside the bed and gives me "the look" and I get out of bed to pick her up only to have her jump out when she hears a noise and then we start the whole process all over again. This goes on about 5 times a night. Sooo I bought her pet stairs and taught her how to use them.

Guess what??? I am still getting out of bed 5 or 6 times a night to pick her up and snuggle her into the bed! That cute little face could get me to do just about anything!

LOL That is sooo typical is it not? My husband always gets so annoyed with the dogs for whatever, they do (which is nothing, they are all perfect angels :innocent::twisted: ) but then he gets so mushy over them when I am not looking :confused1:

They really do grow on a person, don't they. When my daughter brought Ellie home, my husband was furious; he did NOT want another pet in the house (we had two cats at the time, as well as Black Lady). And Ellie was so young, and so difficult to potty-train. But he calls her to bed at night, and he pets her and plays with her.

As for me, I lost my heart to her the first time I saw her, and I couldn't imagine not having her. My daughter has moved out on her own now, and Ellie is definitely OURS!

Laurie

Archived