CairnTalk

Finally I get cuddles.

OzGirl

Roxy has always been a very independent pup. She has always been the exact opposite of a "lap dog", she would never try to get on our lap for a cuddle/sleep and if we picked her up and tried to get her to stay she would last a minute or so and then have to get down to go check "things" out.

But the last month or so she has started asking to be picked up when I'm working on the computer (I work from home). Its really sweet she comes over and stands on two legs and leans on my chair and looks oh so sweet that I just have to put her on my lap. It does make using the computer that much harder cos she seems to prefer curling up so her head is on my right arm, but I am so enjoying the cuddles that I just make do.

Now all I have to do is get Susie to enjoy being held as well.

ctdogs.jpg

Gem does excactly the same as Roxy, always coming to me when on the computer and asking to be up on my lap. In fact just lately she doesn't ask she just jumps staight on. I am struggling to type as I speak and using one hand because I am supporting her head with the other :lol:

DSCF0083.jpgDSCF0076.jpgDSCF0080-1.jpg

It has often been said if you have a Cairn Terrier in your home for a year you will have one for the rest of your life

That is so sweet. My first cairn Missy was not a lap dog nor was she a cuddler. Kramer, he is like a magnet to me.

He loves to cuddle and be relly close to you. He gives kisses galore. Where ever I am you can bet Kramer is right there. I use ot hear others say belly rubs and I didnt know what that was because Missy was very dominate so she never went on her back. Now boy do I ever know what belly rubs are, Kramer is always rolling over for those rubs and I love it.

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

Packy wants cuddles on his own terms, but he does love to jump up on my lap when I'm at the computer! He's also starting to get jealous of books -- he paws at my hand and the book when I'm reading on the couch. Guess he wants that attention for himself.

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

he paws at my hand and the book when I'm reading on the couch

That is so funny cause Crunch will see me with a book and immediately jump into my lap- covering my book.

Roxy sounds alot like Scout...very independent! Scout is very close to my DH and will spend lots of time in his lap. She will sit in mine, but only for a few min.....unless DH is out of town....then she doesn't have a choice!

I am glad that Roxy is spending more time with you...nothing like snuggles with your little girl!

It's interesting how independent dogs make a change in that direction. We noticed Darcy got more cuddly when we got Bailey... most likely because she felt left out when Bailey was always in a lap getting attention and she wasn't. Cuddles are THE BEST!!!

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

Archived