CairnTalk

Monkey see Monkey do!

Eliz222

Scout is a marker. She will mark inside my neighbors house (she's not allowed inside anymore!), and some of our friends homes. We only have a few places she is allowed to visit...lol! Scout also marks just about every 3rd house when we go for walks. This past week Finch started doing it! It's really funny to watch....they pee at the same time!

I was hoping that Finch would learn some nice tricks from Scout.....she has learned to bark at everything and now she marks the neighborhood lawns!

may9thscouttt0.jpg

scotty does that too! except he marks outside like every five mins or so...he taught angel to do this shake thing which they HAVE to do every few mins!

Scout looks a lil moody in the picture lol

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really." - Carlotta Monterey O'Neill

Ahhh yes, that is a commonly used phrase around our house. Darcy and Bailey play "monkey see, monkey do" with practically everything!!!!

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

My problem is that Crunch will see Gus marking and then he thinks he has to mark the SAME spot even before Gus has finished. SO, I have to move Crunch over where he won't mark Gus instead of the ground.

Teona will always potty ontop of where Tabby goes potty.

Teona will also immediately chew on a bone after Tabby drops it. I guess she wants her scent on everything.

I forgot to mention, Darcy (our GIRL dog) has started to lift one of her back legs when she is "squating". We think it is so darn funny!!!!

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

For us, "monkey see, monkey do" has been a great teaching technique!!! We never had to teach Gracie to sit, shake or roll over...she just watched Ellie!

It's strange though, even when we go on really really long walks, they rarely go potty while we are gone...as soon as we get to our yard--they squat. Oh, except for once when Gracie decided to do a #2 right in the middle of the sidewalk by the post office. Boy was that embarassing...good thing I remembered bags that day :)

6amigos.jpg3amigospose.jpg3amigos.jpgRoscopuppy.jpg3amigos2.jpg

We're the Cairns of America

Brady has to "mark" everything when we go for walks. The funny part is that after the first or second spot he doesn't have any pee left but he still lifts his leg and goes through the motions. It always give me a little giggle.

when we're at our house in FL, literally every other house has a dog...or two. While walking around the block, sometimes they walk along in a squat, cause they just have to hit that last spot someone else made, it's so funny. They really slow my walks down doing that!!!

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

Mett & Bratt will respectivly mark one side of the mail box post at the same time.... then check eachothers work :lol:

Edited by Mysticsol8
Tracy, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Marking is funny! I have a friend that took in an uneducated weiner dog. They already had one and he got the job of showing the new guy the ropes. Well, the new one took right on to lifting his leg to go, but he lifts the wrong leg when he is at a tree or post! Very funny to watch.