CairnTalk

Chompin' Fireflies!

Barney's Mom

Well, the summer fireflies are finally here, much to my daughter's delight! But I found out tonight that Barney thinks they are pretty fun too! I saw him following this firefly around in the yard, almost like the bug had tied a string to the end of his nose and was leading him along! Then every once in a while, he would try to CHOMP the bug! I could hear his teeth hitting together from where I was sitting not too far away! I got the best chuckle at seeing him wandering around the yard with his eyes glued to this little bug! Fortunately his chomps were not successful! I can't imagine a firefly being very tastey! :sick:

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

they give you a nice "glowing" smile though!!! lol

6amigos.jpg3amigospose.jpg3amigos.jpgRoscopuppy.jpg3amigos2.jpg

We're the Cairns of America

I've never seen a firefly yet.... :(

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

Jack actually swallowed a bee once doing this same thing! Apparently it didn't hurt him, although I do think it stung in on the way down b/c he kept rubbing his face on the ground as if to scratch it.... :confused: . I guess a firefly is at least safer! I'm sure Barney had a blast chasing it!

Jack's Mom

Archived