CairnTalk

Cairn Cameras in the backyard

Aurora5000

We use 2 video cameras (Black & white) in the back yard to watch our Cairns and the messes they get into. One shoots half of our yard and the other covers the remaining part. It is not 100% coverage but we can see them about 80% in the yard.

Its not great quality (they are a few years old) but we can see when they are running the fence line and what they do. Our specific unit has audio with it and also a 5 inch monitor which switches between the 2 cameras every 5 seconds. We also have it hooked up to our TV set as a video source for better looking.

We have dogs and kids on all 3 sides of us and we can make a determination of the activity in the backyard and their actions as to have them come in for a breather, to just stop barking, or bring in for a nap. If anyone is mowing, they go crazy and we have to bring them inside, me included.

Its the best money I spent around 75$ for the whole setup. I was thinking about hooking up a small intercom system to the outside to tell them to "Stop Barking" or call them inside. I think they would respond to it.

:thumbsup::cop:

You must give some time to your fellow men. Even if it's a little thing, do something for others - something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

-Albert Schweitzer (1875 - 1965)

Chase and Gus video

Youtube- Best of Chase and Gus

Cairn Terrierists

It's because cats simply can't be trusted for heavy lifting & dirty work required in the war on terrior.

Cool!...i was thinking of doing something similar for inside with streaming video so i can log in from work and see what maggie really does when we're away!

a

That's a great idea although mine would hide behind the stone wall where the camera couldn't see them. As far as audio, I definately don't need that amplified.

We have three cams at our farm, we will be using them when we fence in an area in the backyard this spring. Neat thing about ours, you view them over the internet.....so anyone can watch the puppies.

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

The audio helps us determine what the distraction or barking is about. ;)

The internet thing is a great idea and we might get that equipment when we upgrade.

You must give some time to your fellow men. Even if it's a little thing, do something for others - something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

-Albert Schweitzer (1875 - 1965)

Chase and Gus video

Youtube- Best of Chase and Gus

Cairn Terrierists

It's because cats simply can't be trusted for heavy lifting & dirty work required in the war on terrior.

I sense some upcoming bloopers and funny video clips coming up!

Sounds like a great idea to me.

Valerie

Archived