CairnTalk

Daisy has a new sister....

TamBan

Since this is my first post I guess I should let you know who I am. My name is Tammy, the better half of Mike, mommy to Daisy and our bridge angel Bandit. It was hard for me at first to bring another furbaby home after the loss of Bandit, but Daisy helps bring a smile when you feel like crying. Another thing Daisy helps with is reminding us of our age. She has more energy than Mike and I can handle.....without breaking a hip. So what do we do? We went out in search of a playmate for our little girl. We finally saw an ad in the local paper, called the breeder and Daisy went with us to pick out her new sissy. So, may I introduce to you...TJ's Doodle Bear the Phantom Toy Poodle. After the first week we thought we were going to have to sell Doodle because Daisy was getting very aggressive towards her. Now we don't thing they could stand to be without each other. They sleep together and chase each other around the house like crazed monkeys, which gives us a break from throwing a squeaky toy for hours. Even when Doodle goes out to potty Daisy will jump up on the back of the couch to keep an eye on her from the window and greets her at the door when she comes back in. We think Daisy made a good choice when she picked Doodle. Guess that makes me a mommy again.....and no stretch marks! ;)

DaisyDoodlesun2.jpg

Welcome TanBan, I know that feeling of not being able to keep up. DH & I are retired and we were thinking of getting another fur babie for Bentley aka Goober. But I'm concerned that he may be too aggressive toward other dogs to do that. He loves people though. Very nice pic of your babies, what a cute poodle. I've never seen one with those markings on hi lil face. Daisys beautiful too.

Congrats ! What a darling pair you have. I'm with you, I love having two dogs. I don't let much time lag before bringing a new pup home after I've had one go to the bridge. You can't "replace" them, but a pup sure can start mending a broken heart.

Thanks everyone. Yes, the color is called a Phantom. We hadn't heard of a Phantom ourselves, but the color of the dog wasn't that important to us. We had actually taken Daisy to the Humane Society once to meet a Yorkipoo that was up for adoption. That dog only wanted to be in our laps and wanted nothing to do with Daisy. Sadly we had to say no to her. When we met Doodle she was healthy, full of energy and kept looking at Daisy wanting to play. That first night home Doodle slept soundly in a crate by herself. Second night she cried until she was back by Daisy's side. They are a funny pair and keep the house full of laughter.

Here's just a little extra I would like to add. Mike and I both wear dog tags with Bandit's picture on them. The breeder noticed them and we told her Bandit's story. She looked at the tags, down at Doodle and said "They have the same color and markings." Kinda makes ya wonder if that was his way of saying "Yep, she's the one!" :halo:

Figured I would finally get around to posting... I am the other half of Tammy, Daddy to Daisy & Doodle. They are a hand full but we wouldn't know what to do with out them now. Our bridge baby, Bandit, was a horrible loss and nothing or no dog will replace him. Daisy & Doodle do keep our lives full of laughter. Thanks again for Tammy's welcome. I haven't been here long but some of you may know me and Daisy...

Mike P

sheila and Misty

congrats to you both ,what darling little furbabies..I can relate to the energy level thing. Me and my husband realized that when we got misty. but hey- better than working out at a gym!