CairnTalk

He loves me he really does!

BradysMom

I had an incident at doggie daycare yesterday that I just had to share. Brady has been going for about six months now and he really loves it. So much so in fact that he doesn't always want to go home. At least that's what I tell myself after he behaves like he did yesterday. When you arrive to pick your dog up the girls open the gate and the dogs are supposed to come to their owners. Yesterday, I was third in line to pick up Brady. First, a yellow lab comes out and runs over to his owner so excited tail wagging. Next, a miniature pincher comes out, sees its owner starts jumping wildly up and down so excited. So here I am with leash in hand waiting for my joyful reunion. Door opens, Brady takes one look at me and runs in the other direction!! Through the kennels around the corner! It was so embarrassing. The whole time I'm saying to the girl, "he really loves me, honestly!" The owner witnessed the whole escapade and consoles me with, "don't worry I think he just really likes it here." Needless to say I was mortified and will be taking some advanced training classes to reinforce the idea of "come" and "stay!" Or maybe I just need to have some treats hidden in my hand for next time.

This cracked me up! Our cairns can be little stinkers sometimes! My Grace tries to crawl in the mailman's truck everytime we see him. She looks at him with love in her eyes! I swear she would go home with him and never look back! I can only imagine what he must think of me!

LOL

Brattwurst is good for this.....I think he wants me to chase him sometimes.

When this happens in front of other people I always joke that just like a child he feels the need to do the exact opposite of what I ask!

OR you can do what my husband does- he says for the dogs if they could talk "Whatever"

Tracy, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

It is stories like this that lead me to the conclusion that people who share their lives with Cairns are never going to need to worry about getting a big head.

It is stories like this that lead me to the conclusion that people who share their lives with Cairns are never going to need to worry about getting a big head.

So true -

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

I can picture that entire scenerio...pardon me for laughing! :whistle:

It's only because they are so adorable and cute that they can get away with so much.

Gotta love them....

I had to smile at your story... I could see Roxy doing that too. She just loves everybody she meets, I just try not to take it personally when she want to stay with a stranger rather than come with me :D

ctdogs.jpg