CairnTalk

Have any of you done clicker training w/your dog?

pammyfay

My 1st trainer was a "correction" trainer. His applications worked but I could not implement his discipline. My second round of training was "clicker" treat. It initially sounded great and I had positive results. I still use the click and treat reward at times but I do not like the ideology behind the click and treat or basically "bribery" discipline. I do believe in positive reinforcement, but there are many other way to positively reward your dog other than a treat.

I've done some Clicker Training and love it. When Toby does/learns a new behaviour he instantly knows he did something right ! After the clicker has established that he is doing something I want, I "alternate" treats with verbal and physical rewards. I found it to be fast, effective and fun !

We've done it with Darcy and she responds wonderful to it! In fact, I can snap now and she responds as though it is a clicker. Super Awesome!!!! Bailey on the other hand is still on hold with some of his advanced training. He didn't like loud noises at all when he first came to us. The clicker freaked him out, but we've determined the homes before us must have yelled or made lots of bad loud noises that would scare him. Poor little guy.

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom