CairnTalk

Dreaming

Mike P

Daisy is the first Cairn that I have owned. I have noticed that she tends to dream more than all of the other dogs that I have owned. I know, according to studies, that they dream more the more active day that they have had. Daisy does dream more when she has had an active day. She whimpers and kicks her legs as if she is playing. It is actually very cute. Do your Cairns follow that same suit or is it just my imagination???

Mike P

I love watching my babies dream. Grania does it more than Duncan. It is funny to watch her legs twitch and hear her bark in her sleep. My DH and I think she is chasing squirrels or mice. Of course it could just be her tennis ball.

Tico used to do the same thing. The best one however, was when he was a puppy. He was asleep beside me and started wagging his tail. :D

I too was wonering if anyone else's dogs dreamed. What would we do without them?

Henry dreams all the time! He sleeps in a crate next to our bed, but has woken us up in the middle of the night several times with loud huffing and sighing and whimpering. I can tell he's asleep because the noises are completely different than the regular huffing and sighing and whimpering he does. :) He must wag his tail, too, because I sometimes hear the thumping.

dori dreams all the time, she growls in her sleep, which is really funny and most of the time she makes this high pitched yelp with her mouth closed.

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

both of mine do it too.

They sleep in the crate right next to the bed and it sometimes wakes me up at night.

It's so funny to hear.

dori dreams all the time, she growls in her sleep, which is really funny and most of the time she makes this high pitched yelp with her mouth closed.

That's the way Sweet Pea's dreams seem to go. Sometimes, if she starts

yelping too frequently I wake her up...but it's really cute.

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

The best part is when Kirby wakes up from a dream, and looks at me like "where's the squirrel?!"

She's a yelper in her sleep-I think the dream squirrels must always be up a tree-it's the same sound she makes when they won't come down in real life.

Greta has only yipped a few times. She is pretty quiet. She has however rolled off the ottoman (we call it her throne) that she sleeps on. It's funny to see her afterwards, she that "ok, who pushed me" look.

Greta's big brother, Jake, dreams all the time. One time when Greta was sleeping on her "throne" and Jake was on the floor next to her sleeping, he started twtiching and wimpering. Greta stood up just barked and did a low growl at him, then went back to sleep.

They are funny little dogs!

There is no faith which has never yet been broken except that of a truly faithful dog. -- Konard Lorenz

Greta's big brother, Jake, dreams all the time. One time when Greta was sleeping on her "throne" and Jake was on the floor next to her sleeping, he started twtiching and wimpering. Greta stood up just barked and did a low growl at him, then went back to sleep.

That's too funny :D This is a little off topic but you reminded me of something Saidi did a few weeks ago. It was late one evening and I was snacking on a hotdog. My DW asked what the smell was and I said "do you want a hotdog". Not 2 seconds after the word hotdog was out of my mouth Saidi came tearing around the couch and to the window barking her head off :P I must have laughed for five minutes straight with Saidi looking at me and tilting her head as if to ask "well where is that hot dog daddy"!

try opening a single strip of string cheese and watch them come rippin through the house!!! My girls throne is the back of a leather chair in the family room that over looks the woods. We get some real screeches out of that room, especially when a heard of deer show up. yikes.

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

:wub: One of the millions of favorite things my pups do is when they are active during sleep. I even love it when their paws just start to pulse just the teeniest bit. Bailey has the funniest guteral sound when he tries barking in his sleep that it sounds like he's laughing!!!! I also love that both of mine actually growl in their sleep... in between yips, wimpers and guteral olympics. Mine definitely tend to have more pulsating paws, twitching legs, and whimpers and yips in their sleep after a long busy day. I always imagine they are either dreaming of playing with one another OR chasing after all those bunnies that mommy won't let them catch! :P
Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

When Barney falls asleep on my lap, he really gets to twitching. His legs jump then relax and his front paws jerk. When he was in his crate once, he was very tired and sleeping soundly. He let out this long mournful whine (mouth closed of course!) and I thought it was so sweet! Since he doesn't sleep in our room, I don't know what he sounds like at night, but I am sure he makes a lot of cute sounds! :D

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

Scout is my big dreamer. She whines, runs, barks, and sniffs in her sleep!

Finch dreams too, but doesn't make sounds often.

I love to watch Scout dream!

Archived