CairnTalk

A Thoughtful Moment

Janet

I wonder what Gem is thinking about?

Image002.jpg

DSCF0083.jpgDSCF0076.jpgDSCF0080-1.jpg

It has often been said if you have a Cairn Terrier in your home for a year you will have one for the rest of your life

sheila and Misty

love that face too. nice picture..how bout-"hmmmm..had so much fun today.such good memmories..better go nite nite now and dream up some more adventures..can I break any of my speeding records?..maybe I'll get more treats...maybe just maybe see if I can get away with something...yeah...thats it. :whistle: ZZZZZzzzzz...

Cute picture! The first thought that came to me was that she was thinking "will you PLEASE get that camera out of my face". LOL! I have no idea why that thought came to me...but it's the "look" I get when I turn the camera on. :innocent:

Cute picture! The first thought that came to me was that she was thinking "will you PLEASE get that camera out of my face". LOL! I have no idea why that thought came to me...but it's the "look" I get when I turn the camera on. :innocent:

Probably so :lol::lol::lol:

she always gets "cheesed off " when I get the camera out but I thought this was a lovely shot

It has often been said if you have a Cairn Terrier in your home for a year you will have one for the rest of your life

Yes! tidy floors and tidy dog. Look at her nice neat paws and ears. She must be thinking, "I wish I was out in the garden digging in the dirt right now, but mum said I have to stay clean."

Cute, cute picture!

She spends a lot of time in the garden but fortunately she is no digger :) like most other Cairns

She was 3 when she came to live with us so what she was like as a pup I don't know. I have had Cairn pups in the past thats why I went for an older one this time :lol:

She is a little Angel :innocent: Well that is until we come across a big dog when out on a walk sheesh!!

Janet,

You know Gem is probably afraid of big dogs and is putting on a show in an attempt to scare them away.

When you notice a big dog approaching - and before Gem has a chance to react - distract her attention. Either bring a favourite toy with you on a walk or an absolutely yummy treat (like real people food) and focus her on it rather than on the big dog. Eventually she will learn to ignore big dogs or, best case, associate them with something nice.

If have any big, friendly but calm dopey dogs :) around you it would be a good idea to practice the technique above around them.

Archived