CairnTalk

Yes, I am an idiot! Have a laugh on me!

Scully'sMom

Well.....it's like this.

I came home from work and immediately started making supper, put a pot of coffee on, and remembered I had to give Scully her antibiotic for her UTI. I'm cutting into the blister pack to get the pill out and I'm thinking, "Geez, I'm really thirsty" so while I'm doing that I fill up a big glass of water. Next thing I know - I popped the pill in my mouth and took a big drink of water.

Then I yelled "Oh S***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I called CVS and asked for a pharmacist and he asked me the name of the medication and the blister pack didn't the name on it so he told me to see if I could get the name of it and call him back. Of course the vet was closed (I thought) and I found the receipt in my purse which told me it was 125 mg. of Clavomox or something like that. I called CVS back and this time I get a woman pharmacist and I started to tell her what I did and she is laughing her head off as soon as I tell her. She wanted to know what the "human" version of the pill was because they didn't have it listed and I had no idea so she tells me "Call your vet and ask what it is." I'm just imagining what the customers in CVS are thinking hearing the pharmacist say "Call your vet."

So, I call the vet's office and by dumb luck they were open. The receptionist starts to laugh at me when I tell her and she said "I'm sure it's fine but I'll run it by the doctor." Then get this she says, "Can I ask you something?" So I said yes and she says "Some pills we say to give the animals something to eat afterwards because the medicine tastes bad. Did it taste bad?"

OMG! I'm like "No, I just swallowed it, I didn't chew it. It tasted fine.

So, I guess I'm okay. She said if I didn't hear from them I was okay.

What an idiot!

Uhh, Scully's mom, if you suddenly develop a great sense of smell and get tensed up when you hear dogs barking, you will know that the pill had a greater effect than you knew! Don't think I will venture further than that. Thanks for the great story and the smile. :P

pam

This was probably the first post that I ever laughed out loud!!!! That is soo funny! I am sure glad you are ok but it is still funny....sounds like something I would do. Thanks for sharing the story, I really needed a laugh! Have a nice day!

av-2164.jpg

WOOF! Eli, here! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Stupid Upright. That's hilarious!

Let us know if you start sniff visitor's crotches or licking certain body parts. ;)

WOOFHAHAWOOFHAHAWOOFHAHA!

Eli B)

OMG.....that is just too funny.

I'm going to hope you don't start sniffing your friends butts, urinating in your back yard and drinking from the toilet.

In all seriousness...I can totally relate to the "coming home from work" scenerio and the stress it brings. We try and do it all and mistakes are bound to happen. Just be glad it was an antibiotic and not a worming pill :shock:

That is too funny! I had to laugh. That sounds like something I would do! :lol:

Clavamox compares to Amoxicillin. I would think you'd be fine if that's what you took.

Your comments are cracking me up! Good thing this is a family forum 'cause you don't want to hear some of the comments from my darling, loving DH after this incident! I'll bet CVS will never be the same. I still can't believe I did that.

Joanne, was that a senior moment or a blond moment?

DEFINITELY a senior moment!

I think Scully's afraid I'm going to start going after her treats - she's had her eye on me all night.

Edited by Scully'sMom

Too funny - I could see myself doing that after a long day... I'm glad it was a universal med... :)

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

sheila and Misty

hmmmmm......are worms and poopsicles next? I think we need to crate you to keep you out of your dogs things. Maybe next time you'll be more cautious! good thing it wasnt harmfull. we need more honest people like you to lighten up the everyday stress. Thanks! I neded that.

p.s. hope you dont become addicted. hee hee.

Now that sounds like something I would do...Honestly, I think it is a menopause or premenopause thing to do stuff like this!! I have found myself really spacing out with the strangest things! I'll take my thyroid medicine and later I'll forget if I have taken it! Yikes!!!!

I hope Barney doesn't have to go on meds for anything! If so, I hope it's just topical or I'll be in the same boat you are in!! :w00t:

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

Beheeeheeeeeeeeee! Sound like something my upright would do....silly, silly humans:)

Happy too know that you are ok! but We have to tell you, Doggie speaking that is................Nothing ventured, nothing gained, even if it was a "mistake", 'cause ya just never know, that could have been one sweet treat! Somehow, us canines, we just have that there lust for life that makes us try just about everything:)

WOOF!!

Shaylee, Kyla and Baby Finnigan!

Oh poor thing, I'm glad to hear that your okay.

This should make you feel better- I once had a toothbrush loaded up with the liver tooth paste to brush my GSD's teeth, only auto-pilot kicked in and I started to brush my own!

And yes it does taste disgusting!

Tracy, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

I once had a toothbrush loaded up with the liver tooth paste to brush my GSD's teeth, only auto-pilot kicked in and I started to brush my own!

And yes it does taste disgusting!

That absolutely DOES make me feel better!

That was absolutely HILARIOUS~~What a great way to start the morning...laughing :) Well, atleast your Urinary Tract is healthy now ;)

6amigos.jpg3amigospose.jpg3amigos.jpgRoscopuppy.jpg3amigos2.jpg

We're the Cairns of America

Wish you could post a picture of your face the moment you realized what you had done! Glad everything worked out okay.

Oh, I did laugh! And the folks down the hall wanted to know what was so funny. Not sure I should tell them (not everyone here is a "dog" person).

The other day I was talking to a young neighbor and her little toddler while they were playing outside in their yard. Amy has her daughter's juice bottle with her and, while we were talking, she was sucking on the nipple! She said that eating and drinking her daughter's food has become second nature to her; maybe it's just a case of being distracted from being inside all winter with no one to talk to but an 18-month-old. Better than talking their medicine though.

Just don't start chewing bones or licking out kongs while watching TV. That's taking it too far.

After reading the last couple of posts I'm not feeling too bad! I've been telling some of the people I work with so I'm providing joy and levity everywhere I go. DH keeps sending me "funny" dog text messages. What a funny guy - NOT!