CairnTalk

Brag..... 1st cairn to win "Working Class"

Greg P

Kona (Ch Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me JE) was the first cairn ever to win 1st place in "Working Class". This is a new class and was offered at the CTCA roving specialty in Santa Clara. Only cairns with working titles are allowed to enter this class.

We actually took a chance here. Instead of entering Kona in the Special class, we decided since he was a "working dog" with an junior earthdog title, we would enter him here. If he would have been defeated here, he wouldn't have been able to parade with the rest of the champions. The result was good. He won first place! ......should I admit that he was the only dog entered in the class?

Vicki Havlik's beautiful bitch Mary (who is a senior earthdog) was also entered in "Working Class" on the bitch side.

Both dogs were singled out at the banquet by judge Chris Carter as nice representatives of the breed. At the very least we got a great photo op!

post-2067-1174788965_thumb.jpg

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

Thank you. Preserving the cairn's ancient instincts and heritage is very important to us. We have excellent working lines in the NW, and a group of committed perforance enthusiasts. We probably won't enter the working class again with Kona, but will again, hopefully, with a working titled class dog.

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

What a wonderful idea to add a class for titled dogs! Its nice to get that kind of recognition. I wish my Pepper wasn't neutered!

Archived