CairnTalk

Bigwig and Teddy Bear

tlwtheq

Teddy decided to plop down close to Bigwig's pen today. Bigwig's pen door is usually open

so he can hippity hop around as he pleases...a lot of that ripped up paper mess in the

background is his. (Cairns aren't the only ones who can be little :devil: 's!)

Well Bigwig came out and decided it was time to play "Ring Around the Teddy Bear."

He hopped all the way round several times, stopped and chewed a few seconds

on Ted's tail hair, and then flopped down to relax.

Guess what? For once we got a picture. I only post this because I think

people don't believe me when I say the pups, the cat, and the rabbit

co-exist peacefully. Enjoy.

bigwigAndTed.jpg

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Amazing! That would not be possible in our home.... Mett & Bratt's hunting instincts are too strong.

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Amazing! That would not be possible in our home.... Mett & Bratt's hunting instincts are too strong.

I wish it was possible with ours too - Brystal - I'm sure - she loves all creatures - (except flies... continued RIP) but Hollie - wow - yep she's my hunter - we have the box turtle forever babygated. What a sweet picture - just love little bunnies... :)

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

WOW!!! I stared in disbelief for quite a while!

On our walk this afternoon, our 2 passed by a dead rabbit which i'm guessing was picked up by a coyote. You would have thought our 2 were ready for war!!!! All 28 pounds of the both of them combined almost knocked me down to the ground to try to get at it!

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

Beautiful picture! That amazes me a Cairn with a rabbit. Will goes crazy trying to catch any that roam in our neighborhood. Maybe if the rabbit didn't run though - he might chum up to it -who knows. Thanks for sharing such a great photo!

Linda

Wow....that's one for the Cairn record books! Barney would have had that rabbit turned inside out in a matter of minutes.....

What a cute widdle wabbit.....!

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

Wow....that's one for the Cairn record books! Barney would have had that rabbit turned inside out in a matter of minutes.....

What a cute widdle wabbit.....!

Note that any other rabbit would be toast. But canines are special when

it comes to understanding who is family. They know that's how I feel and they respect it.

They're just extraordinary creatures.

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Great picture! My sister's kids have a rabbit and we used to babysit "Floppy" often. Grace just loved him. Floppy was litterbox trained so when we were home we would leave his pen door open. Grace used to stare at him like she was in LOVE :wub: When she first met him she even rolled over on her belly! I am not sure my little Grace would survive in the wild!

Scout and Finch had a great time at my brothers house over Thanksgiving. They have a rabbit, and the rabbit/cage kept them busy (when they were not running with the millions of kids around). They were glued to the cage just like humans are to tv. LOL!

cairntalkjd6.jpg

But I know what Allie would do...because she did, a while ago. She caught a wild rabbit unaware in the backyard and would have killed it if I hadn't screamed so loud and confused her. The rabbit was kicking for all it was worth and I was afraid it might claw Allie too.

We were never fond of rabbits in the garden anyway. They can eat a plant to its roots overnight, and often did. Now when we let Allie out in the backyard, we don't say "wanna go out?" We say, "want to bust bunnies?" and she starts wagging and goes right to the door. I don't think she understands what we're saying though. She probably thinks it's a command to go out and do her "outside business."

Archived