CairnTalk

Our First Kill

goforette

Yes Brystal the tiny wonder dog made her first kill today... tragic but true.... she murdered a fly.... may his little winged body rest in peace.... :lol:

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

Goforette, you better get a handle on that girl! First, picking on her sister...and NOW killing an innocent fly>?? What's next?? Rooting up worms just to watch them squirm??? lol :)

6amigos.jpg3amigospose.jpg3amigos.jpgRoscopuppy.jpg3amigos2.jpg

We're the Cairns of America

Flys are truly only the beginning. Wait until they learn to dig up worms and roll in them after they've squished them. Mine come in just smelling like a grub. Yuk

We don't even have to wait until the worms are dug up....they crawl onto our sidewalk and ASK to be rolled in by Scout!

We have just small kills here. Finch is our hunter and when she was a tiny puppy, she killed a small mouse.....eeeek!

i wish flies were it, today i dug out dried worms and a dried up frog carcass out of Dori's mouth....that is so darn gross!!! And they both leap in the air trying to catch bumble bees.....which i hope they never catch!!!

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

Oh my this was so funny!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the giggle!!!

forgot to mention that Darcy liked to take bugs she finds in the house and put them in her mouth then spit them out and watch them scurry about. over and over... he's her form of play... sick, but true.

Edited by Darcy's Folks
Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

I guess that hunting instinct is just so well ingrained...

One of these days, my two dogs are going to succeed in catching a squirrel or rabbit they find in the yard; they've come close between the two of them. Of course, Black Lady, with her short Scotty legs, is no match for Ellie when it comes to speed. But if they learn to double-team, they'll be successful.

Laurie

sheila and Misty

Your waaay toooo funnny! At least all yours let you have them. Misty loves crunchy bugs,digs for worms, an eats them before I can stop her. well....extra protein I suppose -people eat them in other countrys as a delecacy. hmmmm. not exactly my choice of protein.

well this is a sad thing indeed.........I hope he did not have a large family that depended on him for financial support. Maybe he had good retirement or life insurance. And is Brystal sorry for what she did? Probably not! :twisted:

RIP little fly :halo:

I have to laugh because my Madison goes totally beserk with flies and also with moths. All I have to do is clap my hands and she thinks there's a moth loose in the house (that's usually how I capture them)

I remember last year Maddy and Elliott actually had a fight over a house fly...the poor thing had no clue what kind of house it had entered.

I hate to admit it, but I use Echo as a Fly Gun. I tuck her under my arm and sort of stick her out toward the window where a fly is buzzing and *WHAM* - one less fly. Naturally, if you use firearms in the house you're going to have damage, and once she took out a picture frame when I was careless aiming her.

:oops:

CAIRNTALK: Vote! |  Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club | 🗓️ 2023 Cairn Calendar

I hate to admit it, but I use Echo as a Fly Gun. I tuck her under my arm and sort of stick her out toward the window where a fly is buzzing and *WHAM* - one less fly. Naturally, if you use firearms in the house you're going to have damage, and once she took out a picture frame when I was careless aiming her.

:oops:

I will definately have to consider this technique! HA! - too funny!

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

sheila and Misty

My last cairn scruffy was a riot he was really good as smashing flys on our livingroom window with his nose untill one day...it was buzzing around his head drove him crazy he snapped at it and I believe it was still alive when he swallowed it,since then every time he heard a fly buzz or saw a bug of anykind. he would back up 2 feet a start gagging. it was hysterical-never went after anything that moved on the ground again and ran under the bed if a fly was around.