CairnTalk

Number 1 Syndrome....

goforette

We were all having a peaceful family evening watching TV... Brystal was laying on the couch - Hollie laying real close, but behind her.. Hollie gets up and stretches in place then looks at sleeping Brystal and rams her off the couch with her nose on purpose.... Brystal lands laying like a tipped over cow... while I'm frantically making sure she's okay from being butted off while sleeping - and Hollie assumes Brystal's previous sleeping spot... Brystal was fine - but I felt so bad - I don't think she even realized who pushed her off so she's looking at Chris and I like what? Was I that bad? Poor thing... I might as well have children... they sure act like it... So I guess we'll make sure they're sleeping on opposite ends of the couch... :( HA!

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

That's too funny! My sisters dogs do that. They both look out the door and the one will head butt the other one HARD to get her out of the way - I couldn't believe what I saw the first time, I felt so sorry for her!

av-2164.jpg

Ellie is constantly 'sacking' Dori when i'm trying to hook them up to go out, thus the nickname "Bulldozer" for Ellie.

But Dori gets back at her, she pushes her in the pool with her nose, it's quite comical. My daughter laughed out one day by the pool and said "did you see that, she pushed her in"....yes, she did!!!

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

Too funny! Scout hates it when Finch is in "her spot" on our bed. She doesn't push her off, but if looks would do it, Finch would be flying off the bed! Scout will sit and stare at Finch until she has "her spot"....just like children!

I am already noticing this stuff with Ellie and Gracie Lou...Mostly it's who gets the lap and who gets the shoulders...lol

6amigos.jpg3amigospose.jpg3amigos.jpgRoscopuppy.jpg3amigos2.jpg

We're the Cairns of America

Digger and Jazz take turns rolling eachother while outside playing. They get running so fast, then one tackles the other and they roll for 3 or 4 turns. Digger will also get Jazz stood up in a corner and just pin her there for what seems like minutes. Its all in fun, and nobody has been hurt to date.

WOW!!! that was brave of her to do! Amazingly, this has not happened in our house, however Darcy get worked up, paces and won't settle down if Bailey is in HER spot on ANYTHING... especially if he's on people and she can't access or sit on people. LOL!!!!!

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

Ellie is constantly horning in on attention we give to our Scotty, Black Lady. Thing is, Black Lady is much more subdued than Ellie, so she just backs off. I don't know if that's her breed or her age (she's almost 13). Ellie can't stand to see anyone or anything get attention and affection from us.

Such a change from when she was a pup; then, Black Lady was top dog, and more than once we found Ellie in submissive posture to Black Lady. That changed as soon as Ellie figured she was big enough to defend herself!

Laurie

My two make me laugh with their under-hand ways.

If Angus is asleep where Ossie would like to be, and Ossie is smaller than Angus and so can't push him around, he starts to bark excitedly and runs at the front door. Angus then ups to see what the fuss is about and Ossie grabs his place.

Angus now does the same to Ossie. If this doesn't work, whoever wants the other to move chooses their favourite toy and smacks the other around the head until they want to play and the space becomes free.

It's amazing to see how clever this breed can be and how they think of many things to get their own way!

:twisted:

Mine are like children too :P

I buy 2 of every toy and they always want what the other has. Teona will go get a bone or kong out of the toybox and Tabitha will chase her until she drops it. If I give them treats Tabby will gobble it down, but Teona will just hold it in her mouth. Teona will go near Tabby and drop it, then when Tabby goes to get it Teona grabs it up and runs. This makes Tabby very upset and they will spend time growling and chasing each other until Teona eats it or Tabby is able to steal it.

Tabitha will get a bone and lay down to chew on it. Teona will come over and lay right in front of her. Once Tabitha starts licking her foot, Teona will slowly reach in and steal the bone. For some reason Teona will always spend a few minutes chewing a bone right after Tabby has it. It's like it has to have her spit on it last........LOL

I bought two rope toys: one for my Scottie, Black Lady, and one for Ellie. Ellie commandeered both of them. Poor Black Lady. Ellie has just taken over the house since she came to live with us!

Laurie

Archived