CairnTalk

A Naughty moment for the Angel...

goforette

I thought Brystal wasn't capable of anything naughty... she's been the angel since we brought her home - she's never had a mistake (except a potty mistake).... then yesterday I come home and for whatever reason she had destroyed her crate pad - she found a way to unzip it and go at the stuffing - there was fiberfill and fabric everywhere! It was unbelievable... I don't know how Hollie convinced her to do that! HA! I of course panic wondering if she could have consumed any of the filling - but she's acting normal - so I'm praying she just made the biggest fluffiest mess without swallowing anything! She's had that pad for a really long time so who knows why she decided to destroy something out of the blue! So I guess both of them now don't have the luxury of a crate pad... little devils... I should have taken a picture -but I think I was just in shock that the little angel turned devil for a day...

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

I think this is why Cairns have an angel on their left shoulder, and a devil on their right!

We couldn't keep pads in our crates either...they were fair game. :twisted:

I don't know what it is but we can't put anything in Bentley's crate either. We even tried to duck tape a rug remnant to the plastic bottom. Big mistake, after he chewed all that duck tape, I was scared to death that he had consumed some of it. I guess we have to consider ourselves lucky that everything he's eatten that he shouldn,t have (rocks, walnuts, towels, ball pieces, table cloth, to name a few) have all come back up. So maybe when he's about 5 yrs old I'll try again to put something soft in his crate.

Go to Good Will or garage sales and get old towels or blankets. They are cheap, and if our little devils rip one to shreds, you aren't out the $20 or so for a crate pad! Then they have some cushion on the bottom of the crate. They will never know that it isn't some nice bed from Petsmart!

Speaking of Petsmart, I am never going back to that store again. Their stuff is SOOOOO overpriced!! I saw items there that I have seen in catalogs or in other pet departments, and Petsmart's price was sometimes 4 or 5 dollars more!! I am sticking to mail order! Care Alot Pets catalog has the best prices, and even with shipping, it is still TONS cheaper than Petsmart! And I don't have to waist gas driving there!

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

Kenna likes to drag her pad out of her crate but hasn't chewed on it. Yet. To fix the dragging problem, I bought industrial strength Velcro at Home Depot and velcroed that sucker down. She hasn't moved the crate pad, but the first day I came her, her whole crate had been dragged about a foot. I think she's given up, for now.

sheila and Misty

goforette-could be she soiled in her crate and didnt want to upset you so she was trying to destroy the evidence and in the process welll oooops! bigger mess. Misty does that only if I dont pick up the paper she soiled she'll tear that section only to shreds as if to say ok all gone I'm innocent.

Luckily Brady doesn't chew on his crate pad. He does however love to drag his bed out of his crate and then bark at it. It's pretty funny to watch actually.

goforette-could be she soiled in her crate and didnt want to upset you so she was trying to destroy the evidence and in the process welll oooops! bigger mess. Misty does that only if I dont pick up the paper she soiled she'll tear that section only to shreds as if to say ok all gone I'm innocent.

Nope - it was dry and clean in there - she just decided to use her cairn super powers to have a white fluffy explosion in there... if she hadn't figured out how to unzip the darn thing things would have been good.... actually every day she's coming out of her shell a little more - she's my quite dog - and I'm slowly beginning to see more personality emerging... hopefully that doesn't mean it comes with continued destruction....

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

Was Holly confined to her crate when this happened?

If so it could have been boredom that caused her to do this.

DSCF0083.jpgDSCF0076.jpgDSCF0080-1.jpg

It has often been said if you have a Cairn Terrier in your home for a year you will have one for the rest of your life