CairnTalk

Help from CUR members needed

Will&Grace

Will here and I need help from the CUR please... Here's what happened. A few days ago my upright kept putting her head in the toilet (strange i know). Then after doing that for hours a man I have never seen came and picked her up and she didn't return for 2 nights and 3 days. Keep in mind that she and I have slept together every night for over 9 months. Another lady kept coming over and feeding my sis and I and letting us do our business outside. Finally yesterday that man brings her home and now I am very suspicious. I keep bringing her the ball and she says she can't bend over to pick it up. I run from her and she won't chase me.... I try to get on her lap where I always sit and she blocks me so I never make it all the way. She keeps saying something about a surgery and a hospital but I know when I went it was only for a couple hours and I came straight home and played with her. I'll give her a few more days to straighten up and if she doesn't I need some suggestions from the more experienced members of the CUR as to how to deal with her. Ya know when you only have one upright you depend on them to be normal and I am thinking she is not so normal right now... If nothing else, pray for me that I can handle her new personality. She keeps telling people on the phone "they took her appendix" whatever that means. Guess she shouldn't have left with that strange man! :confused1:

WOOF! Eli, here. I am speaking from experience. These Uprights ore so unpredictable! My Upright had surgery, too and it really surprised me that she didn't jump every time I said WOOF. Just humor her and lay low for a while. Share your toys with her. Bring her some grass to eat. Lick her stitches. Then maybe she will be better and you can be a little more demanding like you deserve to be. Good luck!

WOOF!

Eli :confused:

Now you KNOW you just have to behave...you have no choice. Remember how you felt when you came back from your little operation? Didn't she nurse you back to health? Well, buddy, you gotta do the same. No pooping or peeing in the house. Keep your yap shut unless you absolutely must alert her to a dangerous threat...squirrels aren't dangerous.

My upright was outta work for 2 days sick with the flu and I was a perfect little Cairn. I know I'll be getting some new toys and treats in the near future cuz of my excellent behavior. And if I don't.....grrrrrrr!

Elliott

YOWCH! Everyone at our house hopes your upright feels better soon! I'd bring one of my new toys to her but your house is just too far away!

Be good and let her rest! She will love you for it!

Faithfully in CUR,

Barney

NEW! a.k.a Bernard, Bernardo, Barneydoodle

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

Yo Barney! My mommy had the same exact thing two years ago and I feel your pain buddy. My upright kept saying "GET OFF MY STAPLES!" whatever the heck those are. I couldn't help it if that was the side of her that I always like to sit on. Sheesh! I got her back though.....one time she left this little pillow on the floor that she had to hold onto her stomach when she walked - and I ate it! I showed her!

From Scully's Mom to Barney's Mom - I hope that you're feeling better soon. They were supposed to take my appendix out through my navel but I woke up with 10 staples instead. I was in pain from 5:00 p.m. on a Friday until 2:00 on Saturday when I had surgery. Rest is your best medicine.

Goodness, sounds like you and your sis are having to "go it alone" for right now. Please behave yourselves and be good so that your Upright can continue to heal and get back to normal. The best thing you can do right now is let her heal and she'll be back to normal in no time and ready to play.

From Darcy's Upright:

Hope you are feeling better and up and around real soon.

Will, if you are really good and take good care of your upright, I bet she will give you a LOT of treats and hugs when she gets better. She probably doesn't feel much like playing right now. :confused:

Will's upright,

Hope that you get better very soon -- please take it easy, we are thinking of you

Pam, Pepper, and Henry

Hey Will, we hope your upright is feeling a little better today. Keep being good and she might give you some yummy treats. Hopefully it won't be too long before she wants to run and play again.

Woof!!

Roxy, Susie (and Janet)

ctdogs.jpg

Hey there, Shaylee here!

I hope that your upright is upright real soon:) My upright had the "flew", but what I can't figure out is that she was not moving at all!!!! Everytime I hear about a "flew" they are talking about me when they call me and I am not ready to come! So exactly why they called it that, I am still not sure???

I do know that she wasn't acting like her normal self and wasn't too interested in playing, so I decided just to hang on the couch with her and keep her company....I got more scratches than normal for TWO days in a row, and many, many kisses, not to mention more treats than usual because I was so angelic. I even passed up bird hunting to cuddle with her! So you may want to try that with your upright. Sometimes if we just quiet down and mellow out, some good things can happen!

I also know she appreciated it!

Give your upright a nuzzle or two from me:)

Hey Will here again, wow are things impoving at my house! Thanks for all the good advice, and I did listen. The first day I drove my upright crazy because I was kinda mad at her for just leaving for 3 days. Then I decided to chill out and just take naps with her and it was really kinda of nice. You are right about the extra lovin she would give me if I settled down - we just snuggled a lot. My upright was nice and had friends come over and they could play with me better than she could because of her missing appendix. Now today, I don't know if she found her appenix finally or what but she is even picking up my toys and tossing them, I get to sit on her lap again and she mentioned taking me for a VERY short walk tomorrow. Soooo, life is almost back to normal here - thank goodness! As she gets back to herself then I can get back to my busy self too!

Thanks to all for the well wishes for my upright too - I love her a lot and am just glad she is better. Next time I see her head in that toilet I'll know that it is more than just a little crazy..... :ninja:

P.S. Happy Valentines Day to all members of the CUR and their Uprights :wub:

WOOF! Eli, here. Now that your Upright is feeling better maybe all us CUR Dawgs should get together and find her missing 'pendix. We'd really chalk up the brownie points if we did that! Err.... what's a 'pendix anyway?

WOOF!

Eli B)

Hey there Will, it's Alfie here! I have been away from the computer, y'know with all that snow outside and the Uprights are finally able to get this snowblower thing out the box in the garage (man, I love that snowblower! the Alpha Male uses me as a target for the snow and it's FUN!)....ummm, what were we talking about now? Oh yes! Hm. I guess it's too late to give you some advice but it does look like the Upright in your home is getting a lot better. Did you ever wonder if she was faking it just to get a break from you? Naaah....we CUR members are just too irresistable. Sooner or later she will be letting you hop right on her lap and everything will be back to normal!

Archived