CairnTalk

Super Bowl?

Darcy's Folks

Alright you guys... my momma & daddy keep talking all about this Super Bowl thing. I'm getting really excited because they keep talking about it. My brother Bailey and I keep talking about what it could be. We've come to the conclusion that it must be something really special. Is a super bowl a bowl with super powers??? Like does it give you as much kibble as you want whenever you want it??? That would be a really super bowl!!!! I hope it's not just a big bowl of water. Water isn't nearly as exciting as kibble.

What do you all think it is???

Til next time,

Darcy (and my brother Bailey)

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

Bears? Eli, where are you? Someone wants the bears to "go," and I think they'll need your help to get rid of them...

I also have heard news of this super bowl, and it's apparently going to show up here on Sunday. I hope I get to eat out of it because I hear our neighbors will be bringing appe-teasers again. On News Year Eve I managed to steal a bacon-wrapped date right off the coffee table. Oh yum! I hope the super bowl has a few of these in it.

I don't get many "upright treats" around here, so they probably won't let me share in their bowl. I will look for times when they are distracted and then move in for the snacks!

Allie

You know what would be a really super bowl? A bowl with all kinds of yummy treats-beef treats, and bully sticks, and squeakers, and bits of cheese...

and the uprights never ever take it away. And it's full. I'm the only furkid in my house, so I wouldn't even have to share.

Boy I can't wait till Sunday!

And I think us CUR members can take on any bears.

WOOF! Eli, here.

I am one step ahead of you guys. I have already chased those dumb old bears outta Illinois with my relentless, fierce BARKING!!! They were so scared of me they went all the way to Florida! Yup, I am da man!

WOOF!

Eli

I don't think my uprights are going to have a super bowl . . . I think we are going to a circus! Last thing I heard them say was we were going to watch some Horses ride some bears all the way back to where they came from!!! :o:w00t:

Love,

Ellie

6amigos.jpg3amigospose.jpg3amigos.jpgRoscopuppy.jpg3amigos2.jpg

We're the Cairns of America

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

WOOF! Eli, again. If there really is such a thing as a super bowl, I could use one here. The older-than-dirt-man and the teen-alien are in charge of filling my bowls while the Alpha B is confined to her crate with her hurt paw. Needless to say, they forget me pretty often. But I didn't tell the Alpha B cuz she would have a fit. So I could sure use a super bowl.

Hungry and thirsty,

Eli

I heard my grandpa talking about this super bowl thing and I am with you guys, I REALLY hope that it is a bowl full of FOOD!!!

Eli, My Mom and I have been staying with my grandma and grandpa this week and my Mom says that they give me too much food. I bet if you come stay with me, my grandma will give you lots of food too! All you have to do is look at her like you MAY be hungry and she will give you some food!!!! Maybe you could come stay with me until your uprights paw is better. We are in Georgia so you can help me keep those bears in Florida where they belong!

Love,

Savannah

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Ellie's family is faced with a dilemma: Daddy is a Bears fan (Chicago born and bred; Daddy's girl Heather is a Colts fan (her fiance Jeff is a Patriots fan, and was very upset when they lost to the Colts two weeks ago). Here in north-central Indiana we have fans for both teams. Heather is having a Superbowl party at her house on Sunday, and Ellie doesn't know whom to root for!

Laurie

Edited by fiddler927

I'm lucky...my DH is out of town and I could give two hoots about football, so we will enjoy the snacks while we watch the puppy bowl...anyone know what time it's on?

Nope, no bears in Florida either. I was just there and I'm sure they all left because they were scared of me. And I'll tell you what else is gone from Florida -- lizards! I hunted and caught every lizard that was hiding in the bushes at our resort. I'm sure the owners were very pleased with my work.

As for that Super Bowl thing, I'm pretty sure it's what my Mom is going to Petco to get me tomorrow, because she left my other bowl in the hotel room. The Super Bowl has some magic powers that put it back in my suitcase before we leave hotels, so it won't get left behind. And if it happens to have bully sticks, liver treats, squeaky toys, fuzzy stuffed animals, and endless chicken in it, I won't complain!

~ Packy

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

guess it's good i checked in tonight, my upright must be keeping this super bowl thing a secret, i haven't heard one word about it. now if it means a super bowl for food - then i know why - she keeps calling me chunky monkey so i bet i'll never get a super bowl. i'll pipe down the barking for a little bit -maybe i can overhear something about this super bowl thing

thanks for the tips - i'll be listening, i hate secrets.....

Will

Laurie,

Our son whom is 12 years old is a big patriots fan as well. Yes, he was very upset too that they lost to the Colts.

I'm not into fottball, but the supewrbowl party is here! I wish the Chicago Blackhawks Hockey start getting more wins!

I'm left out in the cold on that one. I'm a big hockey fan, but no one else in my family is :crybaby:

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

Yes, Muugi!

That is MY Cairn in the puppy lineup. Hope you got a chance to see her (she was more apprehensive of all the other dogs than rambunctious, tho. but even when she's standing still I think she's a cutie!).

I was just so excited to know that she didn't end up on the cutting room floor.

In my house, we're not crazy about the "real" sport of football (altho I'd root for Chicago cuz I lived there for a few years) but we DO love playing "soccer" with our tennis balls!

I turned on the "Puppy Bowl" mostly as background noise while reading. I noticed the Cairn and thanks to my DVR, I was able to back it up for a better look. When the Cairn went to the side and just sat watching the rest of them make total fools of themselves, it reminded me of Renny when the neighbor's dogs start barking at the wind. Instead of joining the ruckus, he will just watch them and give the impression that they are being total idiots, and he knows better.

Later when the Cairn joined in, he didn't take any guff off the larger pups. He was a perfect Cairn, not agressive, but not one to back down either. In the part I saw, the two Samoyed's ganged up on the Cairn, but he stood his ground quite well.

Hagar.

Ellie says:

Well there is no joy in Trlak-ville this week; Daddy was upset that the Bears lost, and Mom and Heather are happy the Colts won, but Daddy wouldn't even talk to Mom on the way home from Heather's house!

Daddy IS happy, though, because baseball starts in a couple of months, and Daddy is a die-hard Cubs fan.

Pammyfav - I did see Izzy in the puppy bowl. He was very calm and kinda just hanging out - My husband joked that people were going to watch and think all Cairns were that calm :)

I did save the Puppy Bowl to DVR and have been watching it it bits and pieces. As much fun as it is to watch the pups go at it, three hours in one sitting would be a bit much, so I've been checking it out while waiting for other shows to start.

I really enjoyed watching Izzy deal with the Samoyeds when they tried to gang up on him. I do agree that folks might get the impression that Cairns are more laid back than they really are.

There were several shots of the "audience" in front of a TV set. I do believe the one sitting closest to the TV was another Cairn. At first I thought it might have been a Westie, but it was more of a light blonde instead of white. Anyone else notice that one?

Hagar.