CairnTalk

Safety Dog...

goforette

Some days I'm just so in awe of some of the things the girls do - I've posted in the past on Brystal's uncanny ability to detect illness and pain, but Hollie has finally developed her own unique quality... I've seen her do it 4 times now so it's no longer a coincidence....

I have this rug - it's called carpet saver. It's like a thin rug that sticks or clings to hardwood/laminate floors and carpet for stairs and stuff. It's really great stuff - but anyways it gets all rumpled and sometimes winds up in various areas of the kitchen after the girls have been playing hard together. If it winds up landing over the heater vent in the kitchen, Hollie carefully removes it by using her teeth and pulling it back so it's no longer covering the heater vent. I'm not sure if she thinks it will catch fire, I have no idea if she wants the warmth - I don't know what she is thinking but she makes sure the vent is not covered. And she walks immediately away once she's uncovered the vent. But she's so delicate so she doesn't damage the rug. It's so interesting to watch. It's like her pet peeve - don't cover the vent.... I don't know where she gets this stuff - she's such the thinker in the family. She's so smart and clever (hince why we're always trying to out think her...)

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

What a clever little girl you have. Praise her when she does this as I'm sure she's deserving of it.

Does she ever get on the vent and just lay on it? Maybe she resents something covering up her

"warmth". At any rate, she's a real smart dog.

Wow! A dog with OCD!!!! LOL!!!! You should take a video of her doing that! Sounds funny!

I should video tape it - it's so funny - Hollie has such an interesting personality and she's incredibly smart - not that Brystal isn't but Brystal gives you that puzzled look all the time. Brystal acts much like a cat in a dog's body (seriously).

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah