CairnTalk

Scenes fromt he Rose City Classic

Greg P

5 days of shows in Portland, OR. Over 3500 dogs/day entered. Just under 40 cairns most days. Wonderful classes and oustanding breed rings. Huge crowds watching. The cairns could sense the excitement and they all seemed to be on. Saturday night was filmed for the Eukanuba series for Animal Planet.

This one of the premier dog shows in the US.

post-2067-1169529783_thumb.jpg post-2067-1169529860_thumb.jpg

The first pic is our Hattie, who won Winner's Bitch on Monday.

The next is Brad L.'s Echo.

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

A couple more pics:

post-2067-1169530335_thumb.jpg post-2067-1169530382_thumb.jpg

The first pic is Daisy, who went Best of Opposite Sex most days

The second is Jock, who went Best of Breed 3 of the 5 shows, including Saturday where the Group competition was filmed for Animal Planet.

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

Congrats Greg Way to go, Wonderful Cairns

....if you ever decide to come to Atlanta to show let me know

liz

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Brad,

As you pointed out to me after Echo won her last major........they've got me for another 20 shows! It's really an evil conspiracy.

Greg and Val Perry

All beautiful dogs! Congrats to all the lovely Cairn Talk Cairns and uprights! Job well done!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Great pictures! I wish I had been in town to come see some of it. Next year, I suppose. Does anyone know when Animal Planet will be airing the show in the future, or did they already? I'd love to catch it on TV.

It generally takes a few weeks before these shows get on the scheduling. Perhaps we can all keep our eye on sheduling and make a "heads up" post.

The "set" or ring that they use for these shows is beautiful in person. It has an art deco flair, the ring panels are lighted and they have giant post lanterns in the corners. It's fun to watch handlers and owners under the lights with all the cameras following the action. The stands on 2 sides are full, and the people stand around the other sides. It's fun to watch in person. I would imagine that these televised shows are a huge payoff for the professional handlers in the aspect of recognition. I respect what the professional handlers do to make a living. One of the fun things about showing cairns, however, is that the vast majority are owner handled, which makes it a lot of fun. My wife Val beat one of the top handlers of all time, Bill McFadden the day our Kona finished his championship.

The cairn in Portland was owner handled by Dawn Phillips and she did a great job.

Greg and Val Perry

Wow well done, beautiful Cairns :wub:

DSCF0083.jpgDSCF0076.jpgDSCF0080-1.jpg

It has often been said if you have a Cairn Terrier in your home for a year you will have one for the rest of your life

Great job Greg! Awesome dogs. We missed the Cairns all four days I was there, (handling other dogs). I was totally bummed I was hoping I would be able to meet some of you guys for real! Oh Well maybe next show.

Archived