CairnTalk

GATES

Nikki

When I go to work everyday I'm usually there for about 8-9hours so I gate the 2 terrors in the kitchen b/c they are not quiet potty trained one is very close and other is not at all. lil :censored: # 1 learned how to jump over the gate and was leaving me poopy presents ARG!!! :devil:

has any one else had this problem?

now I have to put two gates up now on top of the other to keep these lil :soap: from getting out of the kitchen..

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really." - Carlotta Monterey O'Neill

Nicole Kristen -

See this topic from just last week: http://www.cairnterrier.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=6240

Currey learned to jump the gate last week, and folks had a lot of good advice. Right now, before buying new gates, we are trying the *free* solution from savannahsmom35 - putting a blanket over the gate. It seems to be working thus far, as I did see him jump it once and he was launching off using the grid on the gate. Good luck!

I didnt buy a new one I did have another one so I just put the other one on top

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really." - Carlotta Monterey O'Neill

LOL! The older they get, the smarter they get... Help us all!!!!

I thought about stacking the gates but I have 2 entrances to my kitchen so I would have had to buy two more gates. Plus, when you stack them, I am WAY to short to get over them (heck, I can barely step over one) so we tried the blanket so that Savannah couldn't go rock climbing over the gate. We have since been able to take the gates down and let her have free run of the house (YEAH!!!) but she never got over them again while we were still using them. :)

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

I must be really lucky. Cody is also gated in the kitchen but I don't even have to lock it, it's kinda leaning against the door. He absolutely hates the noise when it falls down so he doesn't go near it. He has never tries to jump it - EVER. I think I scarred him for life when I used to trip over it but maybe that's a post for Do dogs remember the bad times... :whistle:

CodyHead.jpg

I have no doubts Ellie could get over a gate, we have a really high bed and she leaps right up, I just thank god there are crates!!!! I have crates everywhere!!! two in the IL house, 2 in the FL house, 2 in the motor home, one in the truck!!!! I just feel they are safe that way.

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg