CairnTalk

My Upright is SOOO bad!

mrseggcup

Woof! Eli, here. The Alpha B is SOOOO bad, I may have to consider re-homing her! I thought things were going well with her training. She was coming when I called her, not making too many messes, keeping up with my food and water, rubbing my belly, you know. Then she went and had her paw fixed. I did everything I could for her, considering I do not have opposable thimbs. But NO-OOOO, that wasn't good enough! She had to get up and walk around on the VERY foot the vet told her NOT to. So she had to go back to the vet and get her paw fixed AGAIN and get another cast on it. And she moved into the basement so she won't do stairs or notice what is going on in the kitchen. Now I am confused, b/c the teen-alien used to live down there and now the Alpha B does. And she no longer jumps at my bark and call. And all b/c she did not do what her vet said. Stupid Uprights!

Woof!

Eli

Eli, it sounds like you're going to have to take Alpha B back to training so she listens to you. You may want to be more strict with her training as well. Just because someone has a hurt paw is no excuse for bad behavior.

mrseggcup, I do hope you're feeling better and take care of yourself. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

I wish that we could get into their minds and know what they are thinking! Yeah, like keeping an upright quiet for that many days is going to happen. Afterall, they are uprights. I don't think that uprights are a good breed for everyone as they are hard to train, they talk alot and they are very stubborn. I hope that you can find some way to work it out with your upright so that you do not have to rehome her. I know that although she can be a pain sometimes, you have grown to love her. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Woof!

Savannah

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Aw Eli, and just when you thought you had her where you wanted her with the training. Well, I guess it's back to square one for you. Sorry she's putting you through all this trouble. Maybe next time (hopefully there won't be one) she'll heed her vets advice.

Mrs. Eggcup, stay off that paw and get well soon. You have a responsibility to Eli to be at his beck and call, remember? Here's wishing you a fast recovery

mrseggcup, Hope you get to feeling better very soon! You'll be in our prayers!

Mary

Barney's Mom

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

Eli, you know what man? You'll NEVER figure these uprights out. They have this thing called "a mind of their own." I'm not exactly sure what that means but I don't think it's a good thing. I think it must be the Cairn Upright Forum Curse 'cause MY upright's vet put two holes in her knee to fix it and now she's might be back to having a boo-boo again. I heard her telling the big guy that lives here (I call him Daddy) that she put extra weight on some machine at the place where she goes for playtime I guess, to get better and now she walks like somebody he calls "Fester." We're doomed man, I tell ya. I think your Upright and my Upright must know each other.

Scully

mrseggcup, best wishes for a speedy recovery. I'll keep you in my thoughts!

Joanne

Archived