CairnTalk

The Cairn Calendar...

goforette

I love it! Each photo was great. I love December, seems like it was an older Cairn.

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

March is indeed our Stella. I suppose that's the view the quarry gets during earthdog tests.

December is Vicki Havlik's Theo (AM CAN INT CH Topnote Theophilus CD). I believe in that picture he was 13. It's my favorite picture of him. The other dogs all HATED the bells. He didn't care - by then he was effectively deaf. He died recently at age 17. He was much beloved by all who knew him. Vicki would bring him to most club events and he would totter and lurch around, still snuffling for treats. He was a grand old man. He is missed.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Okay, Brad, I recognize Stella but isn't April also one from your crew? I swear I've seen that digger before. They are all lovely Cairns. May just have to invest in that calendar.

You're very perceptive, but off by one littermate :P I could be mistaken myself, but I'm going to guess that's Haggis' litter brother Geordie. I may have posted a similar picture of Haggis in excavation mode, but his brother Geordie makes Haggis look like a slacker when it comes to The Big Dig. I just gave Geordie's owner and PR agent a Cairn Talk pin at the Rose City Cluster today, so I expect she'll revisist in a day or two and give the details. Since it's her calendar, hopefully she'll stick to facts and not veer into advertising.

Since I just brought up the topic, let me give some guidance on advertising: I love and live Cairns. I'm always interested in "Cairn stuff" and most Cairn people I know are too. Because this site is hosted by the generosity and forbearance a Cairn club, I'm also RABIDLY anti-advertising. So it's always a fine line to walk between wanting to know about new, interesting, useful stuff which is of no use unless it's for sale somewhere. So when is it advertising and when is it "Hey, cool, I found this neat Cairn thing!"? The yardstick I use to the best of my ability as a flawed human being is that if you benefit from it in some way? Advertising. If someone NOT RELATED to a product in any way posts it: Cool! Cairn stuff! If someone associated with the product pimps it: NOT COOL. This is obviously not a perfect system and it can be gamed. I will say that if I find evidence of gaming, instant banning will result. That said, don't keep the cool stuff to yourself! Post away. Some folks also ask before posting if they are worried and I try my best to be both encouraging and forgiving. So if someone asks where you get your treats, or that harness, or whatever - go ahead and tell them. Link to it! Unless it's your brother-in-law's business.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Thank you Brad for the little intro on Theo. He looked like a gentlemen. I knew the photo was of an elder Cairn.

My heart melts when I see the golden year Cairns. I can see why he is very much missed. I clicked on his name and there he was, so precious. I just love the bells on his feet too.

Thanks again.

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

Archived