CairnTalk

Elliott has become a man!

kayharley

Over the past couple months I am seeing such a change in him....he runs loose in our large back yard (fenced of course but has access to stonewalls and other hiding places) and he comes when I call him.....he'll actually run into the house.

He had his yearly checkup Monday and although we do have a new vet who's a woman, Elliott was quite good. It only took 3 of us to hold him for bloodwork when last year it took 4 people and sedation! There was a dog in the waiting room with a head collar on and Elliott didn't do a thing....no bark, growl, snap, lunge...

I think I can now safely remove the nickname "Helliott" from his signature.

Congrats to Elliot and to to his uprights who have worked so hard to help him make that change!

Did anyone see the new dog whisperer last week? I saw a commercial for it and just had to TIVO it. It was a woman with three Jack Russell Terriers and one had suddenly changed behavior upsetting the whole pack, causing fights. I thought of your clan the whole time!

I'm so glad to hear that you are are getting your happy ending!

Just remember, you didn't create the monster.... you just feed it. :lol:

Chase and Gus say Helliott is the KING :king:

You must give some time to your fellow men. Even if it's a little thing, do something for others - something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

-Albert Schweitzer (1875 - 1965)

Chase and Gus video

Youtube- Best of Chase and Gus

Cairn Terrierists

It's because cats simply can't be trusted for heavy lifting & dirty work required in the war on terrior.

Fingers crossed

Legs crossed

arms crossed

eyes crossed!

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

I kind of liked Elliott's aka of Helliott.... there's nothing better than good old code names for their behaviors... although happy to hear that he is being a model Cairn terrier these days :)

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

Congratulations! I'm glad to hear that his behavior has improved. I know you've had a tough couple of months and you've worked really hard on this issue.

Woof! Eli, here. Elliot, sometimes it is worth it to play along with their silly rules. Even Uprights deserve a break occasionally. Keep up the good work! (wink,wink!)

Woof!

Eli

Glad it is all working out, I know you have to be over joyed! Good luck and keep up the good work.

Good job Elliot!

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

I was just thinking about you guys because I notice Jeter becoming a little more agressive with Bernie once in a while. When I am correcting Bernie with No Bite for his playbiting, Jeter will often take a grab of him and growl as if to say knock it off you're pissing mom off! I am keeping an eye on this to say the least because I am the Alpha Dog boys!

Jetersmom(and Bernie's)

Archived