CairnTalk

need help.....

bubba

Would someone please be so kind as to let Cooper know that just because it's snowing it doesn't mean I have to be outside throwing snowballs for him to chase???? We were out there about 20 minutes, an hour ago, and my feet just got warm again...and he is itching to go back out! Since then, it's probably snowed 3-4 more inches! And of course, it's not good enough just to throw one for him....you have to throw it up in the air for him to try to catch so he gets snow in his nose! It is the funniest thing, but impossible to get a picture of by myself.

Maybe tomorrow I'll be successful w/the husbands help.....

pat....wishing it would all just go away!

Children don't care how much you know...they want to know how much you care.

Currey is super jealous of Cooper!!! :D We only got this funky snow-hail hybrid stuff to fall from the sky down in Portland area - what a disappointment! Currey has been ringing his "go out" bells like a madman this evening. Whenever the patio is frozen, he just rubs his face all over the ice/frost and then rolls around in it like its a good "smelly spot"! He can't even bring himself to go to the bathroom when he goes out, he's so excited about the hail-like stuff (what on earth do you call it?) he doesn't even want to leave the patio! on the ground. He saw snow once last year and went crazy over it, bounding around and trying to eat every flake in front of his face!

Our Westie used to sit in the window and watch us outside. We'd throw snowballs at the window to her and she'd try to catch them through the glass!

Have fun, Cooper!

We're jealous, too! We had a little bit of snow for the first time on Monday, and Henry went crazy! I waited until the ground was partially covered to take him out, and I couldn't believe how excited he became. We don't have a fenced yard, so I just had a long lead for him to be attached to. He ran and jumped in the air and went nuts! It was great!

He's usually pretty happy to come inside, but not when there's snow to play in! We came in and he followed me around whining and carrying on. He was soaking wet from rolling around in it and was begging for more! Unfortunately, it stopped very quickly and was gone by the afternoon.

Please take pictures!

Snow+hail = Snail? Naw, that's no good :(

It kind of puts me in mind of some sort of crust.

Our guys must be closet meterologists - the weirder the weather the more intense they get. Wild wind? They *have* to run outside and stand in it. Gutter overflow in heavy rain? They *must* get outside to snap at the overflow stream (reminds them of the hose game, maybe). Snow? We must use our noses as snow-plows.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Like Brad said - mine love ALL weather conditions too - the more serious the better.... we've given up hope since we've had weekly storms for a month now.... but I'm sure our zero below temps will slow them down..... HA!

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

Funniest sight I ever saw was when a hailstorm started, Fergus rocketed out of his dog door and started leaping up in the air trying to catch EVERY hailstone. It wore him out wonderfully and I had a peaceful remainder of the day :)

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around

Snow? What snow? Monday it was in low 70's in NYC! I think Cody forgot was snow is. We are jealous too! (I should be careful for what I wish for)

CodyHead.jpg

Boy....last night after I posted that and my feet had warmed up, Cooper and I went back outside. It was pouring down buckets, yes buckets of snow, and he was sooooo funny trying to catch them all. He kept barking at me to throw snowballs and then would try to catch or chase them....he never could figure out where they went! This morning, he went tearing outside at 0600 as I leashed up the puppy (puppy is the weiner dog and he does not like snow or anything else that covers his belly and comes halfway up his sides!). By the time we made it out there, Cooper had done is duty and was sitting, yes sitting, in the middle of the backyard in six inches of snow waiting for more snowballs to be thrown! When I got home from work this afternoon, that was all he wanted to do. I figured we had had enough when he had huge balls of it hanging off his fur....but he didn't seem to agree w/me. Puppy still does not like it and Yoda, the schnoodle, really could care less about it.

By the way, that chunky stuff I believe is called sleet?

pat....wishing for the beaches of Hawaii!

Children don't care how much you know...they want to know how much you care.

Pat,

I'm on a snow strike here in Colorado as we are due to get our 4th storm (tonight) in a back-to-back 4 week period!!!!!! I'm sick of wet paws all over my house! I'm sick of pom pom boots leaving snow balls all over my wood floors! I'm tired of having to wash my sheets and comforter because it smells like wet puppies!!!!!

NO MORE SNOW!!!! As far as the pups are concerned, they want MORE, MORE, MORE!

Kate

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

Well, Currey wished for snow, and he got it! I work about 12 miles from home, and it was white at work today, even though nothing but the weird chunky "snail" at home. This stuff wasn't sleet either...sleet's more ice-like and clear (at least the stuff we got back in PA), but this stuff is white and like little tiny snowballs. If you crush one, it's granular. I've lived in the NE and midwest, and only seen this stuff in Oregon. Whatever it is, Currey likes it SO much - even more than snow! He did learn at work today that when you carry around snowballs in your mouth, they tend to "go away"! :lol:

We have our share of snow... i can sell you some!...did you hear someone paid $200 for 3 snowballs on ebay!!

This morning its -48!!!! ...maggie doesnt go out for long! and she wont chase snowballs until it at least gets to a warm -20! ...this weather is more a survival test... i wish for 70s!

ak

Pat,

I'm on a snow strike here in Colorado as we are due to get our 4th storm (tonight) in a back-to-back 4 week period!!!!!! I'm sick of wet paws all over my house! I'm sick of pom pom boots leaving snow balls all over my wood floors! I'm tired of having to wash my sheets and comforter because it smells like wet puppies!!!!!

NO MORE SNOW!!!! As far as the pups are concerned, they want MORE, MORE, MORE!

Kate

I'm with Kate - we're getting hammered this year in Colorado - this is the worst winter we've probably since I've been born! And the snow really messes up our routine! We have more chances of potty accidents because all they want to do is eat ice and snow.... and we've laid comforters down on the carpet all around the house to try to catch the moisture from the in and out trips..... I want to see the grass again.... gosh I'll even settle for seeing pavement again!

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

We're due for another ice storm here in Missouri. Last time around we were stuck down here at the bottom of our hill for 5 days. At least we didn't lose power. Packy was in heaven -- he loves ice, snow and everything in between. <Sigh> I guess I better get out the snowball towels for legs and belly and extra rugs...

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

Jack has only seen snow one time in his whole life (he's 5!!) and he wasn't sure what to make of it. He hates the rain and if it is raining more than a sprinkle, he will NOT go potty....all he will do is run for the door to go back inside. The dog would rather hold his bladder for 16 hours than to go out in the pouring rain! I swear one day he is going to give himself a bladder infection!

We are supposed to get some sleet and ice this weekend.....all it really does is make more mud for Jack to drag into my house! :-/

Enjoy the snow up there......wish we could get some sometimes....instead of the sleet and ice!!

Jack's Mom

Saidi is so jealous of Cooper! We had one very light snowfall this winter, just enough to cover the deck. I made snowballs and threw them for her till my hands were numb. Its funny to watch her try to catch the really big ones I make before they hit the ground :lol: Of course I remember last year when it was colder and after every trip outside we'd spend at least a half hour trying to melt the snow off of her.

I'll take snow any day if it means we won't get the ice that is predicted. :(

We are supposed to get an ice storm tonight and then snow on Sunday....happy days.....not! ;)

Archived