CairnTalk

Recently developed fear...

goforette

Hollie used to be my great patient trim my nails, brush me - do whatever you want to - easy going grooming... but today she fought me every second on nails - she was having none of it. I have no idea what her problem was - we've trimmed her 4-5 times now on our own and I can't figure out what is causing her to act out... I've tried rubbing her ears, offering a treat, rubbing her toes - she is just freaked out... any ideas how to get her over her sudden phobia?

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

i constantly touch their feet and ears. they hate getting there ears done but not too bad w/ nails. now baths on the other hand are horrible I have to put a choke chair on the oldest just to get them to sit and not fight me. angel got a fear of going down stairs for a few days but she got over it.maybe try touching their feet and ears a bunch for a few days then try trimming their nails maybe they will get over it

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really." - Carlotta Monterey O'Neill

Perhaps she was in a willful mood. Sophie is very laid back about most everything...but occasionally she gets is a fuss over being brushed. Sometimes she refuses to cooperate regardless of what is tried. and the longer you struggle with her the worse it gets. I typically set down the brush, have her sit, and then let her down to play. 15 minutes later I call her back for her brushing and she is placid as usual.

Sophie

Image032.jpg

Abby used to sleep through nail clipping until she was about a year old. At that point she decided she was not going to cooperate - and it's been a battle ever since.

Archived