CairnTalk

ground is thawed..is your Cairn eating "grubs"?

Mollyrocker

I don't want to post 2 icky posts in the course of one week but I have to.

It has been unseasonably warm here in New Hampshire and it reached almost 70 today. Cricket insisted on being out in the fenced in yard most of the afternoon. I could see she was routing around in the soft earth and was very focused on the yard...what else is new...but she did not want to come in when called in numerous times by me and SU..finally SU went and got her and she was very grumbly to him like as if to say "I'm busy, leave me alone!"(big attitude)

Well not soon after being forced to come in...she puked a huge pile of what appeared to be, what I call, "grubs'...larvea..not quite fully formed catapillars..like at least 50-75 of them...whole, intact and really disgusting...

please tell me your Cairns eat earth living critters.....this tops my last post on poop danglers on the "ick" scale..this is off the charts....

Unfortunately at this rate it feels like we will never thaw with our third snow storm in a row and the forth coming next week.... but in the summer mine will eat anything that moves -

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

Barney loves to sneak a worm when I'm not looking! I figure it's good protein! Hey, in Europe there are restaurants dedicated to eating grubs and bugs! If it's good enough for Europeans, it's good enough for our dogs! :lol:

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

Mollyrocker, you are on a roll. PUKING GRUBS???!! :sick:

Seriously, I'm convinced that our cainrs can "hear" earthworms --- dig them up and eat them.

But PUKING GRUBS?????

I think it's time to cozy up with my scotch.

PUKING GRUBS???

Oh my.......

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

no more gross posts, I promise. This just really caught me off guard. Blech.

Good thing she is so cute.

Molly-

I'm going to try to make you feel better. Nothing worse than when 1 or more of your dogs go on a poop eating mission- only to throw everything up on off-white carpeting.

:crybaby:

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

we have quite a bit of black top here on our farm, over 1/4mile and the worms crawl out onto it and then they die...the girls love nothing better than to snarf those things up....makes me sick thinking about it. I try and keep them away from them when we walk up and down it, I do a lot of yanking on them. blech! :sick:

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

Archived