CairnTalk

staying logged in

Eliz222

For the past few days I have had to log in every time I come to this site. I have the "remember me" checked, but I still have to log in. Anyone else have this problem?

Tonight is the very first time I've experienced it. I normally am logged in from two or three different computers and up to four browsers (IE, Firefox, Camino, Safari) without trouble. I'll keep my eye on things to see if it's something new.

As long as you're logging in regularly :P it can't hurt to click the 'delete all cookies set by this board' link on the front page, clear your browser cache, and then log in again. Tip: the 'quick login' at the top of the page seems to use 'remember me' automatically, so you don't necessarily have to go to the formal login page itself.

Keep me posted - it would be annoying to me to have to constantly log in.

Hmm, one vague idea.... Do you browse using AOL? The board has a security setting enabled for a 'stronghold cookie' - here's what that says...

If enabled, when a member logs in, an additional cookie is set which contains geographic information in a crypt to make cookie stealing almost impossible. Only turn off if users cannot stay logged in

- it probably calculates geography from your IP address - which if you are browsing through a proxy like AOL uses you may be getting wildly different IP addresses each time you access the board.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Archived