CairnTalk

4 more weeks

Darc

Well I am still waiting but NOT with patience. I am counting down to Jan 27th for our arrival. Hubby was out shopping for "our" little girl. Silly Pants (hubby) spent $25.00 on her and she doesn't even have a name yet. So, not to be outdone, I went out and spent about $30.00 on her. NUTBARS. :whistle:

I am thinking to name her "Peanut" as that is what I used to call my daughter when she was little but we will see what name actually fits.

I have been told to ask "what are bully sticks"?? They sound important. Furniture/shoe/other important stuff savers perhaps?

Come on - share the knowledge

Oh my.... my house would have been reduced to toothpicks if it weren't for bully sticks! They are the leg tendons of cows, obviously beef byproduct! But most dogs can't bite off big hunks of them and swallow them like rawhide bones, and they are supposedly easier to digest. Barney loves them and he can go through a foot long bully stick in a day! They are pretty pricy though. I think compressed rawhide in the long straight sticks is just as good. Just my opinion though. The other day I saw Barney swallow a three inch end of a bully stick!!!! He gagged a little, but so far, no ill effects, which is pretty amazing! I keep several bully sticks on hand for times when Barney has to be on his own for several hours. Yes, I know they should not chew on things unattended, but I have never had a problem so far. Knock on wood!

Hope that helps! Good luck with your new furbaby and send pictures as soon as you can!

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

aww how exciting!! you'll have to post pictures of your new fur kiddie

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really." - Carlotta Monterey O'Neill

I have just been looking on ebay for Bully Sticks and discovered they are made from dried bull penises :shock::lol:

Just love the name peanut by the way :wub:

DSCF0083.jpgDSCF0076.jpgDSCF0080-1.jpg

It has often been said if you have a Cairn Terrier in your home for a year you will have one for the rest of your life

I have just been looking on ebay for Bully Sticks and discovered they are made from dried bull penises :shock::lol:

Just love the name peanut by the way :wub:

Yep that is what a bully stick really is.... I tried to convince myself that it's just a beef strip and try not to think about it too much - but the girls LOVE them. We're going to have to get the thicker or braded ones here soon because Hollie crunches them in half on the first bite and I don't want her choking because she gets overly excited w/them.

My recommendations for any purchases in the beginning stages of puppyhood is GO CHEAP! Nothing you can buy will stand the test of time with a puppy. I purchased two really beautiful designer beds.... eaten.... nice cool toys.... eaten.... pretty carriers.... chewed.... blankets and microfiber towels for bedding.... eaten.... They just now got a nice new bed/pillow for Christmas and they just turned 10 months.... so far so good.

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

bully sticks are like bull um........well......uh privates :censored::censored: that have been dried or whatever. I like them for chewies for my dogs they absolutely devour them the only thing I don't like is that they kind of smell weird when the dogs chew on them. :confused1:

THAT'S what bully sticks are?!?! :sick: OMG!!!! Makes me laugh though -> I tried to snap one in half so I could make it last longer. (There is a cow somewhere in heaven cursing at me!)

CodyHead.jpg

We don't call them bully sticks in the UK because when I searched on EBAY it only came up with sellers in US.

I am trying to find out what they are called over here as I am sure we have them too.

I want something easier for Gem to break up rather than the Rawhide. she tends to chew on this until it goes gooy and then tries to swallow it whole. I only dare give her the tiny thin twisted sticks that she will not choke on.

DSCF0083.jpgDSCF0076.jpgDSCF0080-1.jpg

It has often been said if you have a Cairn Terrier in your home for a year you will have one for the rest of your life

We don't call them bully sticks in the UK because when I searched on EBAY it only came up with sellers in US.

I am trying to find out what they are called over here as I am sure we have them too.

Try "Bull Pizzel" or "Pizzel Stick"

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Try "Bull Pizzel" or "Pizzel Stick"

Hillarious!

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

Archived