CairnTalk

Savannah is a Big Girl!

savannahsmom35

I am so proud of my little girl. Over the past few weeks, we have left Savannah out of her crate as we have run short errands (2 hours or so) and she has done great. Over the holidays, we were gone longer than normal and left her out for 5 hours one night. She didn't touch the tree, any gifts, nothing! Nothing torn up, no accidents, just a sweet little cairn curled up on a blanket on the couch! I never, never, never thought that Savannah would be able to be trusted outside of her crate but she has proved me wrong. :thumbsup: What a good little angel she has grown to be. :halo:

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Knocking on Wood for you- last time I bragged out Mett & Bratt they ate the Satalite remote.... :twisted:

Tracy, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Bravo Savannah! Bravo!

My mommy started letting me stay with Darcy (instead of in my crate) when mommy and daddy leave the house! I love staying with Darcy instead of the crate!

Love, Bailey

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

WAY TO GO Savannah!! You are a free roaming woman! So glad she is being a good little girl, I think when gone most dogs sleep. I know Kramer goes in the bay window seat and watches until we get or he gets in daddys recyliner and takes a snooze.

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

That is so awesome!! I sometimes wonder if we will ever be able to trust ol' Barney! He can't be trusted when he is right under my nose!

:shock:

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

I've left for up to half an hour and left the girls out, but not sure how long I'd go. And I'd never leave them with the tree and gifts out!!! omg, what a mess that would be! But i'd bet under normal conditions they'd just sit on their chair back and stare out the window as usual looking for critters.

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

I'm not sure I trust the girls alone yet free... well actually I should rephrase that - I don't trust Hollie - and Brystal always joins in (she's such the little follower) but on her own Brystal is quite the angel without watching her devil sister. Maybe in a couple of years Hollie will earn my trust... HA!

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

My dh thinks I am an evil mommy because I will not let Gus stay out of the playpen during the day when we are gone. Crunch roamed free at that age, but he was a different dog than Gus is. We left Gus out with Crunch for one hour recently while gone. When I returned, expected to see the Christmas tree gone or something. Of course, our tree this year ended up with no lights, no presents, and ornaments hung at least 2 ft. up. All seemed intact. I am just paranoid. Good for Savannah!!!

I really thought that this day would never come so I had to share with all my cairn friends! When I look back on her puppyhood, it is a wonder that she ever came this far. Hang in there Barney's mom. He will be there, one day!

She really likes her freedom! Who wouldn't like to nap on the couch with Animal Planet playing in the background???? :thumbsup:

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

I really thought that this day would never come so I had to share with all my cairn friends! When I look back on her puppyhood, it is a wonder that she ever came this far. Hang in there Barney's mom. He will be there, one day!

She really likes her freedom! Who wouldn't like to nap on the couch with Animal Planet playing in the background???? :thumbsup:

I can only hope and pray that day comes for Mett & Bratt some day.

Tracy, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Petey and Belle have had free roam for more than a year with no problem. We will leave them for up to 3-4 hrs . We do gate the stairs and close the doors to rooms we dont want them in. We too started with small intervals and worked up.

We almost always crate Brody and Mia when we leave the house. They both generally run to their crate when they realize we are leaving. Mia especially.

Max is almost 11 mths and I've been leaving him out for a few months now with the door shut to the upstairs and everything picked up off the floor. He basically has free roam of the kitchen and family room. He's been fine. I leave a kong filled with kibbles or peanut butter. He's not happy when we leave but settles down withing a few minutes and has his snack and goes to sleep right at the doorway. Our door is all glass so he can see us when we leave. I usually put his blanket on the mat and he stays there until we get back. For whatever reason he doesn't sleep in his crate when we are gone. I think he feels he needs to stay by the door until we get home. I always have to do a quick tidy before leaving.