CairnTalk

Wish they'd quit watching TV....

goforette

Hollie especially watches TV too much - she'll sit there and hang on everyword - this morning we got the fantastic news (not really but I'm trying to be positive) that we're expecting 16 inches of snow.... Hollie is already excited - she was watching 9news with the animated snow flakes showing what to expect trying to bite the TV as if she was actually catching the snowflakes.... she is snow addicted!!!!!!!! She thinks she's a husky.... I might as well buy her a darn sled for Christmas.... I've never known a dog to take so much interest in the television....

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

Stacy, I just had to let you know that your post made me laugh out loud! I'm just trying to picture the dog biting at the TV screen!!! So funny!

Currey has no interest in the tv except sometimes noises on it bug him, and he will bark at any dog noises on the screen - especially that new mastercard priceless commerical with the cartoon people showing up at the house and a dog chasing a cat! Instead he is completely mesmerized by the gas fireplace. If the fire is on, he is within about 2 feet of it, usually staring at the flame. His fur gets so toasty warm! I think he's getting a doggy bed for in front of the fire for christmas!

Hope you don't get too buried in the snow!

Goforette, have you seen the video called "The Dog Sitter" that you can play to keep your dog entertained while you are away? Sounds like that would be a great Christmas present for Hollie!! :P

Barney loves watching other animals on TV, but pretty much ignores it unless their is some strange noise!

Here is the link for the video!

http://www.dogtoys.com/dogsittervideo3.html

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

Goforette, have you seen the video called "The Dog Sitter" that you can play to keep your dog entertained while you are away? Sounds like that would be a great Christmas present for Hollie!! :P

Barney loves watching other animals on TV, but pretty much ignores it unless their is some strange noise!

Here is the link for the video!

http://www.dogtoys.com/dogsittervideo3.html

Oh boy their own video.... wonder if I can find that on netflix..... HA!

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

too funny :lol: Our cat watched TV often.

Last night I was a little too into watching TV. I was laying on the couch petting Tabitha. I remember reaching under her muzzle and lifting her head and giving her a kiss on the nose. A few minutes later I go to give her another smooch and it was Teona....... :shock: I never even noticed that Tabitha jumped down and Teona traded places with her. :shy:

Mine watches tv too. On Thanksgiving we were watching the dog show and they walked a dog across the screen, Tucker looked behind the tv to see where he went, it was so funny.

av-2164.jpg

And I thought I had the only "strange" Cairn :lol:

Elliott will watch TV although I find myself using the parental controls to limit what he gets to watch. It's not Animal Planet or the dog shows that get him going but just some regular TV stuff.

I remember around Halloween when we'd put in mild horror flick to watch and his ears would go up, he'd jump off the sofa and start attacking those poor little monsters on the screen.

I'm thinking of watching "Gremlins" this week but should I? :shock:

Mia is obsessed with the TV. She recognizes any dog, even cartoon ones and barks at the TV! It is crazy.

MiaTV.jpg

Edited by Brody'sMom

Mine pretty much ignore the TV unless there's a door ring, then they'll run to our door. Barking dogs on TV usually will get them barking or they will come looking for the "intruder".

The only time Kirby actively watched TV was when we watched "The Return of the Jedi" Every time Darth Vader's music played or he showed up on the screen, she barked and growled under her breath. She's a true Jedi knight!