CairnTalk

Senior Earthdog Journey

bradl

Happy to have an SE brag! (a Q not a title :) )

Elroy started his SE class journey this spring and let me tell you there are A LOT of ways to fail the senior earthdog test and Elroy has been exploring them all :P 

But this morning on the last day of the Oregon Trail's End Earthdog Club's tests Elroy put it all together for his first 'Q.' He noodled around on top of the dens for a while and got in some marking and turf-flinging but eventually made his way underground before the clock ran out. He worked nicely and while it took some time he managed to be recalled back out of the dens in the allotted time. 

Elroy is a sweet sweet dog and he has been rather slow to develop and demonstrate the sort of confidence and voice necessary to be successful in SE and later (fingers crossed) Master tests. In his own sweet way he is gradually building those field skills.  I just love the spring and strut in his step when we leave the test area. He's enjoying himself! That means I'm enjoying myself too. As long as he's having fun, we'll keep giving him the opportunity to play in the dirt.

elroy.jpg

• Like 4

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

• bradl changed the title to Senior Earthdog Journey

It was a thing of beauty to watch.  We could hear his indication alert down at the staging area.  So happy for you both. You make a GREAT team!

Go Elroy!!  

• Like 2
Raise your expectations for what your Cairn can do....and try very hard to meet your Cairn's expectations of you.

I'm a cairn terrier. I'll do what to do when I'm good and ready. 

Congatulations to a team that works well together. 

Patience is rewarded!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

@bradl congratulations. Nothing better than a confidence builder 

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

• 1 month later...