CairnTalk

Premature aging ..me not Sam🤣

Sam I Am

I am constantly amazed at Sam athleticism . It gives me nightmares at times and I wish I had a video on hand when he does them. In fits of pure joy and energy he will launch himself off half way down the stairs, sailing over 6-7 stairs on the way down. Thank goodness we have carpeted floors! When outside he thinks nothing of sailing over three ft fencing I have laid down to prevent him from going into areas where the pine trees leak sap in the warm months in summer...huh..who was I kidding. He can even jump that fence from a standing position. When in full pursuit of a squirrel, he can twist and turn his body in amazing ways. 

He is lean and long legged so I suspect it makes it way easier for him as apposed to his short legged Scottie cousin Rosie. Would love to hear other stories of fellow Cairn owners that also have turned prematurely grey due to their antics. 🤭

Picture of Sam after his grooming session. A bit short but hair is a renewable resource. 

5337E4E3-9EA0-4671-9A69-BD5A7B4DBA5D.jpeg

7A630B4B-CE7D-461B-B3D3-1028AA48D9A4.jpeg

• Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Pepper, at age 9, is still a rocket at the dog park when she is going after a ball and yes, she has done flips, twists, jumps in mid air to catch the ball!!! She is amazing!!!  She almost goes manic when waiting for me to throw the ball!!!!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pepper's Mom

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2021 at 11:55 AM, Sam I Am said:

Would love to hear other stories of fellow Cairn owners that also have turned prematurely grey due to their antics. 🤭 

When Ruffy was a youngster, he had the jaw-dropping ability to routinely scale 5 feet up the trunk of a tree after a squirrel. It would stop passers-by in their tracks, but I was always too slow to get a picture.

Years ago, on our first (and last) visit to the local small dog run, he instantly sailed over the 3-foot fence and took off after a squirrel. I immediately followed...trying, without a chance to overtake him, but luckily a good samaritan caught Ruffy at the far end of the park. From that day forward, we've used the large dog run instead, secure behind a 7-foot high fence!

Now that Ruffy has entered his calmer, slower teen years, I admit to missing those early days -- but with mixed emotions!

Edited by sanford
  • Like 5

FEAR THE CAIRN!

• 8 months later...

Wow, none of my past Cairns have been able to jump that high! That's quite a talent, Sam! Finch needed steps to get on our bed!

I wish we had a dog park close to us. Atticus has a poodle/shitzu friend that he has play dates with every few weeks. His parents have a fenced in yard, so we go over there so they can "play" together.

Atticus just turned 6 months old, so we shall see if he can jump. He does jump up to get at a toy that's in my hand. Today I was upstairs in the guest bedroom trying to wrap some gifts. I have no idea why I tried to do this with a puppy by my feet! Before I knew it, Atticus grabbed one of his gifts (a stuffed duck) and ran down the stairs with it. Thief!

• Haha 2