CairnTalk

"Tired" Puppy

bradl

Full disclosure: It took Ruffy no time at all to take possession and claim his version of the tube toy! In fairness to Elroy, Ruffy admits to approx 13 years of seniority.

thumbnail-1.jpeg

thumbnail.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

FEAR THE CAIRN!

• bradl changed the title to "Tired" Puppy

Looks like you are going to have a truckload of fun with the new kid Brad!  He is gorgeous...showing?

Ruffy looks very dignified, even with his snoozle stuck in a toy.😋

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

That photo of Ruffy just kills me. I want to snuggle him so bad (and I imagine he'd hate it). 

No showing for Elroy — he's been snipped. We too find him very cute even at this awkward age. He's putting on a little weight — he needed to —  and as he "bodies up" over the next year or two he is going to be a handsome dog.

As we hoped he's also sparked Dundee a bit. Dundee has become more active outside. D will still not wrestle with him or really even acknowledge his existence directly, but they sort of slyly team up to run the fence with the neighbor dogs, work the squirrels, work the treat bowl :P etc. 

• Like 1

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Elroy really looks like he has show-stopping potential. Can we hold out hope for retroactive neutering/reverse vasectomy?😜😱

Edited by sanford

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Yeah that ship has sailed :P He was shown briefly but I wouldn't  bother because I feel he's lacking angulation in the rear and shoulder layback in the front. He's no less adorable though.

But breeding science can do some interesting things. We are on a "maybe, if it works out" list for a possible puppy next year from a breeding to a dog born in 1986 :w00t: who was the sire of our first Cairn, made possible by a liquid nitrogen dewar.

• Like 1

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Elroy could do Rally, agility.😁

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Dundee does not try to take the toy away from Elroy? 

"Who's got the toy now" is a favorite game in this house.  As is "who's got the yak cheese?" even when there are two or three out on the floor.  Leads to lots of rough-housing.  As someone said elsewhere in this group, we have to hang on closely to our wine. 

Oban and Angus have both not only learned to "work the treat jar," but have learned to catch their own in mid-air...no second chances around here...

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

We have the same thing here, Kathryn.   I buy identical toys for the two younger girls, Aggie and Olive, and they go for just one of them.  And fight over it (in a friendly way).  I've given up buying them each a toy as one will get dumped and they will both want the same toy, even to the point of one chewing one end of a chewy while the other chews the other end of the chewy.  They are aunt and niece and I haven't seen any aggression - yet - though as Olive is only 11 months old and hasn't been in season yet I guess that may still be to come.  

Amazon boxes !.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Boxes are awesome toys also in our household🐾🐾🤣

Oh yes -- box shredding -- an all-time cairn favorite! And in these days of covid and home delivery, so many many box choices...

Olive and Aggie are both cuties --- which is which?  (I have a brindle and a wheaten too...Oban and Angus...)

Edited by Kathryn