CairnTalk

Welcome "New Guy"

bradl

Brad you must have chosen a name by now...you can’t let the poor guy be knows only as “the new guy” or are some of the names that you might be calling him not fit for printing.🤣🤣😈😈

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

I am cracking up laughing over that one! I remember when Otis got his first bed maybe a second bed he ripped it apart after he dragged around🙃 well it looks like it’s a comfortable bed now! Of course they have to adjust it to their liking, after all they are tenacious. Although We are like our dogs, my friend George called me tenacious just the other day! I said yes I am I freely admit it I am like Otis!

While Ghengis is indeed an appropriate name, I fear there is often something of a self-fulfilling prophecy aspect to names.  Something like Dudley Do-Right might set a better example for the young man.

Right now he is Hop-along as he split a toe during an overenthusiastic fetch session. Ouch. 

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

ohh, now that you mention it🥺That’s what he does, I created a monster or the next One hit wonder...This was taken last year, he was not happy😡he had a yeast infection right ear. I have learned my lesson I left extra bottle of his ear cleaner to dry out his ears at the groomers and she uses it after his bath....I love Burl Ives😂😂😂

12B30820-16EB-4638-AA22-0B2CCDAFA6FD.jpeg

Edited by Otis’s Mom

Mmmm you might be right Brad on that self fulfilling thing.......Sam I Am....... up to about 2 .5 yrs Sam basically would eat anything .yikes!

SAY! I LIKE GREEN EGGS AND HAM!
I DO! I LIKE THEM, SAM-I-AM!
AND I WOULD EAT THEM IN A BOAT.
AND I WOULD EAT THEM WITH A GOAT...
AND I WILL EAT THEM, IN THE RAIN.
AND IN THE DARK. AND ON A TRAIN.
AND IN A CAR. AND IN A TREE.
THEY ARE SO GOOD, SO GOOD, YOU SEE!
Edited by Sam I Am
  • Haha 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Funny thing pk. I was thinking the same thing. I think of Guy Fawkes of Gunpowder plot fame who attempted to blow up the British Parliament in 1605 and the yearly fireworks display remembering that ever since.  But maybe that noise and mayhem is going a bit far even for a cairn🎆😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/1/2020 at 8:12 AM, Sam I Am said:

Brad you must have chosen a name by now...you can’t let the poor guy be knows only as “the new guy”

He'll have a name by New Years, don't worry :PUltimately the speed of group decision-making can only proceed at the pace of the slowest member of the group. That might not be me :whistle: 

Meanwhile "Guy" continues to impress as a gentle sweet fella. Of course he may still be on "guest" behavior :halo:

• Like 4

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Guy isn’t stupid...he knows a good gig when he sees one and knows that “guest” behaviour will have to be played out till he gets on permanent. 🤭

But then...bhaaaaaaaaa😈😱

Edited by Sam I Am
  • Haha 1

I just heard the good news about your new family member, and hustled right over here to read all about it. Congratulations to “Formerly Known as Buddy” and all of your pack. His litter-sister, Aila, Is the sweetest Cairn we’ve ever known, so I’ll bet his good nature is more than newbie best behavior. We’re happy to be Cairn kin!

• Like 2

I was so sorry to hear about Stella and the other losses in your family. I read your wonderful recollection of her and your life together. These small beings leave big holes. I hope that having a new guy will help you and Peggy mend as much as Aila has helped us. 

Elroy! A great name, but I hope you haven’t told him that it means “king.” That would really push Dundee’s buttons. He’s just gorgeous. 

Ha! Greta would sympathize with Dundee! She seemed unable to see Aila at all when we first brought her home a year ago, but has softened little by little. She wouldn’t admit it, but by now she likes the little person, and I often find them hanging out together. Of course, we haven’t told her about the food disparity. 

Elroy! Love it! Now all he needs is a pair of Ray Ban Wayfarers and a pack of Lucky Strikes rolled up in his shirtsleeve to complete the look. Get ready for the chaos!