ANLight

Dry nose

ANLight

My wife and I have a Yorkie (Grizzly) that will be 16 in September. He's had bladder stones and has been on UD dog food for years. For about the last year or so his nose has been really dry. We changed him over to the Royal Canine UD and his nose seemed to improve but now it's dry again. I've tried several things, snout soother, Vaseline, Neosporin, but can't seem to get anything that works.

Does anyone else have any experience with this? It doesn't seem to effect him but at the very least it would seem to be uncomfortable. 

sanford

I have no experience with this so I looked online and saw olive oil as a suggestion. It absorbs well and is non toxic. 

It seems that some dogs just have naturally dry noses, but if the nose feels warm as well, I would be concerned enough to report it to my vet.