CairnTalk

Katie’s Audition for Toto in the Emerald City Gala Cancelled

Dianne

Due to the virus, the auditions for Toto scheduled for today were cancelled.

A couple of weeks ago our local paper “The Pine Cone” had an article announcing auditions for the part of Toto in ”An Evening in the Emerald City”…an annual Gala for the Max’s Helping Paws org in May.

The audition was to be held at our local doggie boutique “Diggidy Dog” and was to have treats and wine! Obviously not to be missed!

We are often told that Katie looks like Toto. Although chosen dog does not have to look like the original Toto.

“Treats and Wine"

The ideal pup would be easy going and calm around crowds, be able to sit and stay on command and fit in a basket”. And the winner would receive 2 tickets to the Gala.

They had me at treats and wine!

We are looking forward to the rescheduled audition not in anticipation for being a winner, but for the fun audition gathering. She does fit in a basket …but her cairness balks at come!

I did a little research on the presenters of “An Evening in the Emerald City” and found that they do these productions for fund raising organizations. I am guessing they also use some local talent. Keep an eye out in your area, you might have an opportunity for your pup to go down the yellow brick road.

Cheers all!  Keep well!

toto basket.jpg

Emerlad city notice.jpg

• Like 2

“Come” does not compute in our household...however the word cheese has amazing result. Also Sam would grab that toy and take off...I would have to bring out the big guns...MEAT!😉

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

I fondly remember Diggity Dog! (I still get their email blasts.)  

Will hope that you get your party and that Katie gets her chance at Stardom.  A few years ago our local summer theater did the Wizard of Oz, and a friend's small dog Maisie (a black cairn/poodle cross) got to play Toto.  She did not get to walk on stage around much though - the actors seems to spend their time passing her around between their arms. Apparently she had a bad habit of launching herself off the stage towards her "mom" or sometimes just in search of someone in the audience she took a shine to (usually someone eating popcorn or ice cream -- this is in an outdoor amphitheater). Apparently even in a "cross" the cairn shines through...

I am feeling a little nostalgic for the Carmel/Monterey area today. For the last four years, this was the day we packed up and left the peninsula to return to Minnesota.  This year, though, we decided to take a year off and stayed at home.  The winter was really mild, but this pandemic is keeping us tied to the house.  We are "staying in," as recommended, and the only time we get out is twice daily to walk the dogs.  We avoid all others on the street (usually walking the alleys), and often the other walkers we see turn and walk the other way when they see us.  

We are missing our weekly obedience class for Angus (which was to prepare him for an intensive agility class - darn). We bide our time indoors occasionally working on sit/stays and teaching the dogs tricks.  

Diane -- Katie is a lovely young lady, by the way.  Her coat seems a little darker? But such a face! She could be a star!

Hope all the Cairntalk folks are healthy.  Stay well...