CairnTalk

Goodbye, Ziggy

hheldorfer

We had to say goodbye to Ziggy today.  Poor little guy was wasting away, had terrible arthritis and had obviously given up the fight.  He had one last walk with Nattie this morning and got to mark all his favorite spots.  Then we went to the vet and he passed peacefully.

Ziggy came into our lives as a rescue with a twisted leg who had been rejected by two homes.  We adopted him as a companion for Buffy, our previous Cairn.  It was a rocky relationship at first but they grew to depend on each other.  When Buffy passed we got Nattie.  Buffy had been an alpha who ruled with an iron paw; Nattie is much sweeter and more timid, and she allowed Ziggy to be the alpha for the past two years - a position he relished.  

He was the sweetest, silliest, most exasperating little dog in the world but I wouldn't have traded my years with him for anything.  Rest in peace, little boy.

untitled-3.jpg

• Like 2

What a sweet boy. How wonderful that you adopted him and gave him a loving home. It’s so heartbreaking to lose them but he was loved and really in the end that’s all what a dog want. 💕

• Like 2

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Oh Ziggy so sorry to say goodbye. You've always been there -  part of of Buffy's stories. You went to the right home and were a lucky little fella.

• Like 2

Oh dear...just saw this. I cannot tell you how much I hate learning that one of our members has lost a dog...

How much my heart goes out to you, Helene, and to Nattie too.  I know you gave Ziggy the best possible life -- you can see in his expression in that photo how happy a dog he was. 

I am glad, too, that he got to be the boss for a while.  

Good dog, Ziggy.

• Like 1

Dear Helene, You and Ziggy we’re blessed to have shared your lives and your love for each other. I hope the fond memories will console you at this sad time.

• Like 1

FEAR THE CAIRN!