CairnTalk

I am NOT a Pup anymore!!

Sam I Am

Well I know now for sure Sam is an adult Cairn! He will be three in April but up to at least to when he  turned two years nothing and absolutely nothing could be lying around i.e socks, glasses, open Laundry  basket...because it was fair game to this youngster. Sam calmly walked by a pile of laundry in front of the washing machine waiting  to be washed today! Without even a side glance!! Hallelujah.....these fireballs actually do grow up...slowly but they do. (Info for all you first time  Cairn owners). I still make sure that the kitchen chairs are pushed into the table...there are bananas, apples and other things that would be just to tempting to jump from chair to table, I still do a once over the house before we leave...just in case , and knowing Cairns, they never stop thinking and planning.😈I wonder if Sam knew I was watching him walk past the laundry....mmmmmmm. Who is watching who!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Still hoping for that day! Caught year-and-a-half Angus running gleefully up and down the hall yesterday with Steve's slipper in his mouth. Galumphing, really...

Nothing can stay out here, even on side tables or the coffee table.  He took a book off the bedside table last week while Steve slept in and demolished the cover...He drags magazines off tables and chew through them. 

He has all sorts of chew toys and yak cheese lying all over the house -- why is this not enough? "Because that's no fun," says Angus...

Oban only complains if Angus takes something directly from him. And then, being a very gentle polite dog, sometimes Oban lets Angus get away with it anyway. 

But Angus can still be sooooo cute when he curls up next to us in the chair or in bed, so quiet and soft and cuddly. Still a worn-out puppy...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 2/23/2020 at 6:56 AM, Kathryn said:

Caught year-and-a-half Angus running gleefully up and down the hall yesterday with Steve's slipper in his mouth. Galumphing, really...

Nothing can stay out here, even on side tables or the coffee table.  He took a book off the bedside table last week while Steve slept in and demolished the cover...He drags magazines off tables and chew through them. 

He has all sorts of chew toys and yak cheese lying all over the house -- why is this not enough? "Because that's no fun," says Angus...

Same here with 2 1/2 yr old Katie.

After being released from her cozy crate in the front of the house, she checks the bedroom every morning just to be sure that no one (me) left a shoe out. And then runs back down the hall.

Before going to bed each night we must check the floors and coffee table for any low "hanging"fruit". Same routine when we travel away from home overnight. She is so funny and proud when she "scores" a misplaced article.

Such a delight! Ya gotta smile ... that's our girl!! 

ca 1932.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Same with Brodie (turns 3 in May) - socks are fair game - run, grab and race to our bedroom to the top of the bed!!! We always know where to find him when he grabs and runs....also fabric softener sheets....or anything that hits the floor!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pepper's Mom

They never completely outgrow mischief. Lol My guy was six years old and had not had any mishaps in a year and a half. He watched my uncle lay on the floor to do stomach crunches using the couch to immobilize his feet, and while my uncle was sitting up, his comb fell out of his pocket. My grown up, fat, completely complacent Cairn grabbed that comb with the devil in his eye and zoomed off. My uncle gave me a funny puzzled look with twinkling eyes and exclaimed “He stole my comb!” 
Roly Poly Nikki enjoyed teasing for a couple of minutes, staying just out of reach and growling, but he didn’t mind trading for something better.  My uncle laughed and said he could keep it but by then it had outgrown its novelty and Nikki was far more interested in a pat and a walk than a silly hair comb. Gotta love our little four legged monsters. 😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1