CairnTalk

Call of the wild

bradl

This little performance takes place nearly every day around 4pm, for reasons unknown. 

This is merely the encore as they are nearly done by the time I manage to think of grabbing my phone or try to get it recording without interrupting them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

How odd . . . but adorable.  Funny thing:  Several years back - around this time of year - we went through a phase where Buffy and Ziggy would go on high alert in the early evening and start barking like crazy.  Never figured out what caused it.

they are convinced something is happening. it's like they are answering somebody. a truck passing? somebody walking their dog? a plane flying over? an alien drone seeking response from intelligent life on earth?

Edited by pkcrossley
  • Like 1

Our big retrievers used to do this now and then. All of a sudden one would howl and then another and then all together. A weird and shiver making sound especially at night. About the same high wolf sound as yours brad. Calling the ones not here any more I use to wonder.

As I was watching this, Oban started to howl.  Angus, though, just barked. 

Oban and I have "group howls" occasionally, and sometimes DH will join in.  I consider it "pack solidarity." Some of my cairns over the years have howled with me, and others have just looked at me like I am crazy...  Just as I can never figure out why they might like one neighbor dog and not another, I cannot figure out why some howl and some don't. 

It's fun, though. Maybe that is why yours howl, Brad.

Edited by Kathryn

Adorable! 
My guy refused to howl with an audience around. The only reason I know he could howl was because he threw a huge fit about being left alone in the house once and added a few soulful howls to the barks and shrieks.  The dog I had before him was a husky so I was used to a chatty howler.