CairnTalk

Will it ever stop raining?

Hillscreek

I'd say we've had about three or four sunny days since the beginning of April. Even Angus who normally goes out daily whatever the weather, roaming the proper and checking for visitors both animal and human, has been staying indoors. He has his thick coat on which is impervious to the rain but says even the bunnies are staying home. My friend sent me this pic of him - nothing to do but stare out the window  - boring, boring, boring! He is coming over to visit at the weekend with my friend and they are bringing warm winter chowder - forget the spring meal for out of doors that we are usually having at this time of the year! Was in the forties yesterday. Maybe up to the sixties by the weekend.

Sure hope it is better where you are!

0514191410.thumb.jpg.38ada181d8eaba30af95fb943fc5aa42.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Same here! No improvement is expected for the next week. Unseasonably cool and cloudy with periods of some rain expected to continue. After that, slight warm up is possible, but cloudy...😝

Although Ruffy never minds the rain, I'm getting tired of it.

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Actually have had a lovely week with temps in the 70s -- and we deserve it, as it snowed less than two weeks ago...but back to rain and chilly weather again just in time for the weekend.

The dogs don't seem to mind it.  I, however, am very very very tired of muddy paws...

Here in Edmonton much needed rain over night and today. We have such extremes in temperature but am grateful no snow. We can’t plant our flowers and tender veggies close to the end of May due to cold nights . 

Same here with the muddy paws. I almost prefer that though to sticky pine sap stuck on their paws.

Edited by Sam I Am

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Hopefully they won’t lay their eggs in your yard or Dundee will never be able to go outside. 🤭And how come your grass doesn’t look like mine....peed on yellow?

Edited by Sam I Am
  • Haha 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

They sat for a while and rested but are gone now. Dundee has inspected and found all in order.

3 minutes ago, Sam I Am said:

And how come your grass doesn’t look like mine....peed on yellow?

Lucky angle :) 

• Haha 1

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Dundee doesn't seem to be a water dog. We haven't had one since Echo who would occasionally jump in a fountain when I walked her during lunchtimes when I worked downtown.

Today's sight was a bald eagle. Sorry so grainy … just a phone camera zoomed waaaay in.  

IMG_0490.jpg

I'm really hoping some day to get a video of an Osprey dive-bombing for fish. I've seen one three times but never managed to get my phone out and ready.

• Like 1

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Great pics brad!

Early spring at our lake.

Though Angus would dearly love to chase these geese he is paranoid about getting his feet wet. He will walk in the rain BUT at the same time he will make sure to walk round the puddles. It's ok to get the pads on his feet wet as he trots long but never let the water go above his nails!

So those parents and their babies are safe.

Our bald eagles and ospreys are busy building. Both such great fisherman and spectacular as they swoop a fish out of the water.

1893510899_SpringatHillsCreekPark.thumb.jpg.f0148ae524fb76e7fc48743a6d7e2007.jpg

• Like 2